Long time depression sufferer, first time poster

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

sljjetmarie

Long time depression sufferer, first time poster

Postby sljjetmarie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:46 pm

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I have had depression as long as I can remember and have taken meds for years. I am finding as a parent of 5 kids that I am running into new dynamics with my depression and have few who really "get" depression. I'm sure many of you have similar issues.

I hope this board will be a place to let it all out, gain understanding and retain some perspective through the day to day of it all. Hopefully I can bring something to the group that could benefit someone else.

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi sljjetmarie,

Welcome to the depression forums. I think there are quite a few here that will be able to relate to you and your situation.

I have had depression for almost as long as I can remember also, but alas no children here, so I can't relate to you on that level -- but there are many people here with children, I'm the oddity by not having any.

I hope you find this website helpful... and check out the chat room if you want a more immediate response, and if it's your sort of thing.

Take care and I hope to post to you again soon,

Stephen

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Welcome sljjetmarie :D

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:28 am

Hi sljjetmarie, and welcome.

With 5 children your schedule must be very hectic. Do hope you find time for yourself. If you find the time, please join the chat room, talk with someone wonderful people there.

We all fight battles of some sort, and it is really nice to know we aren't alone. Don't know what I would have done a few times when I so needed support, it was there. The chatters are real!!

Please take care and hope to hear from you again, soon.

Warmie 8)

sljjetmarie

Thanks for your reply.

Postby sljjetmarie » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:55 pm

:)I do have a rather busy life and get little time for myself. I am trying to get a little time once a week to destress and be around a friend that makes me laugh. A little goes a long way. Weekends are pretty hectic with all the sports. Summer is coming which is in some ways good and some ways bad. Sometimes the structure helps. I also think it's hard for my husband to realize that I am not just having a vacation the entire time while he is at work. Lately things have been difficult, but I have had some small victories that will help in the long run.

I will try the chat sometime. Where is it on the site? Thanks again!!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:14 pm

(((((((((((sljjetmarie)))))))))))))))

Bless you, couldn't even image what you go through and the schedules you keep.

Below is the addy for the chat room, or at the top of this page you will see Depression Chat Rooms, just click on it and it will take you to page.

Hope to see you there.

Take care

http://www.depression-understood.org/ma ... inchat.htm

Warmie 8)

Return to “New Member Introductions”