Welcom to our newest members "okstate + clever1"

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Welcom to our newest members "okstate + clever1"

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:48 pm

A big welcome hug to......

(((((((((((okstate and clever1)))))))))))!!

Hope to see you posting and thank you for joining the family here.

Warmie 8)

clever1

Thank you!!

Postby clever1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 pm

Jeanie-
I just created an account so I can start posting. Thanks for everything thus far :P

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:30 am

((((((((((clever1))))))))))))

I saw and replied to you! :D

Thank you clever1, it is a two way street and you are getting a warm heart felt thank you from me to you.!

Warmie 8)

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:32 am

A warm welcome to "okstate"... I hope you feel like/are comfortable to post here soon.

Take care,

Stephen

p.s. Clever1... I replied to your introductory post. Welcome again to the forums.

okstatefan

Hello

Postby okstatefan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Hello everyone,
This is the first time I have posted on a forum of this nature. I guess it is easier to discuss the topic of depression in an anonymous setting. I would venture to say that none of my friends or family with the exception of my husband really know what is going on with my depression or even that I have it at all. I can hide it pretty well until I get home. Of course I am like most people with this illness and I have good days and bad days. This week has been extremely tough on me. If I am overly tired then it just escalates from there. I do take medication for this but obviously we all know that medication does not always prevent relapse. I have been doing pretty good for a while. I have just dropped into a funk lately. I feel worse because I have 4-year-old daughter who has to live with mom being tired and lethargic during these times. I am more impatient with her and I worry about what effect this illness will have on her some day. Playing with her can seem like work when I feel bad and that makes me sad. I know my husband doesn't understand and how could he. I am sure it is hard to be around me sometimes and he has said this so I tend to withdraw so I don't make things worse for him.

Sorry if I was rambling but I really needed to just get this out. I need to start counseling again. I quit because it was just so hard to get childcare once a week. I sincerely plan to start going again.

clever1

Postby clever1 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:35 pm

okstatefan-
I must admit I can totally relate to your post. I have a 3-year old son and a 9 mos old son. I hide my depression from almost everyone except my husband it is taking a toll on him. I plan to start counseling after the New Year and I'm still trying to figure out juggling childcare as my husband seems to work entirely too much. In regards to your depression affecting your daughter, I think realizing now while she is still young that you need help, you can correct any negativity that may arise. I worry the same about my boys. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I too withdraw so I don't make things worse. We may find that we can help each other through this......
clever1

Return to “New Member Introductions”