Trying to think of something

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Brad

Trying to think of something

Postby Brad » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm 33 and became disabled over a year ago. It's a heart condition, and I may need to have a transplant someday. I used to have a job where I felt important. Now, I don't feel important anymore. I wake up and I sit around almost every day. There is the rare day of excitement, but those are few and far between. I live in a rural area, and I don't get enough money to even go out much. I feel like my life doesn't have much to offer at this point.

Please understand that I'm not suicidal. I'm just really down about my future.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi ((((Brad)))))) Welcome to the forum. There's a chat that goes with this and both are very helpful. You're importance shouldn't be caught up in your work. I live in the country to so I understand what its like to not have the money to go out. Even being a friend to someone is a lot to offer. Have you thought about moving to the city? I know living in a rural area can be nice but city life can have some advantages. We are always here if you need us. Its understandable to be down about the future when you are unsure what it might bring. Do you have any hobbies? Or anything you can do nearby without having to go far?

hollyann

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:15 pm

(((((((brad))))))))) glad you found your way to the forum. When you can, maybe you could go to a library and browse the hobbies section or even google things you might be interested in? I am not working either, and when I had hobbies it helped a lot. Unfortunately I've lost interest in things.

My self-esteem too was tied up in my work. It is hard, but ((((((holly)))))) is right and that being a friend to someone is something valuable, or even just offering your experience strength and hope to others in chat or here.

Wishing you light and peace in your day. Big big hugs.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:10 am

Hi. You aren't alone. I know exactly how you feel. But you found a great place to meet some really nice careing people. We also have a chat room associated with this site.

Return to “New Member Introductions”