First Post

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

mi3

First Post

Postby mi3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:04 am

I am a new member.
I can count on one hand how many people know of my ongoing tug of war with mild depression, severe anxiety and OCD.

I simply want somewhere to express and explore these feelings in order to overcome them.

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:17 am

((((((((((( mi3 )))))))))))))

Welcome to the room. I am sure you will get a lot of support from this forum.

dandelion

Rick751

Postby Rick751 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 am

HI mi3, same with me, only a few people in real life know about my depression , anxiety and panic attacks. A little over 2 years ago I found this site on a Saturday morning after googling for a depression chat room, found many, but, after registering found no one in the rooms till I came accross this one. So many people said "Hi" as I entered that I knew I had found the room for me. I've met a few chatters in real life who live within a reasonable distance from me and we have become friends, I hope that u come into the chat room often and get the support u need and u never know, u may just find someone IRL that u can confide in like I did. Take care of yourself and hope to see you in there many times. Hugs , Rick

mi3

Postby mi3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Thank you, dandelion and Rick751.

A little over 2 years ago I found this site on a Saturday morning after googling for a depression chat room, found many, but, after registering found no one in the rooms till I came accross this one. So many people said "Hi" as I entered that I knew I had found the room for me.

This is very similar to how I discovered the chat, too. Except for this site, the other ones I discovered were barren.
I hope that I'm able to make some friends in this group; I'm very very nervous.
But either way, even if I don't, it's okay by me so long as I still have a haven to vent.

Return to “New Member Introductions”