hi, i am new here. hoping this will help

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

summer

hi, i am new here. hoping this will help

Postby summer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:07 am

Hi,
just wanted to introduce myself. i am new here. have been looking for a community for a while so i could find support and help. have been fighting depression all my life, the last 5 months have been particularly tough. not able to sleep, crying all the time, unable to get out of bed on the weekends, doubting myself, feeling shattered, pushing people away for fear of them finding out that i am depressed, deep regrets, jelous of everyone.
sometimes i just want to take medication, but i don't want to be medicated. i tried st john's worts and it made me feel hazy and tired. but sometimes the pain is so great, i think it would be better off to take something to calm down to forget. i want to love life again. there was a time i did.

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:49 am

(((((((((( Summer )))))))))))

Welcome to this forum. You will find a lot of caring and supportive people in here that gone through the same things as you are and able to relate to you. Glad to have you here

dandelion

invisiblewoman

empathy

Postby invisiblewoman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Summer, sweetheart, i know exactly how you feel, and i mean that. No one who has experienced that paralysing weariness would fail to have sympathy for you. I am feeling this too at the minute, just wanted to send you a hug and tell you you are not alone
xxxx

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi. I know how you feel about being medicated. But to be honest, meds are just a tool. Like a lot of tools we use to help us when we need it. I was med resistant for a long time. Now, I don't see how I ever got thru without them. As for Saint Johns Wort, there are some conditions that it actually has a negative affect with. You really need to speak to a counselor and get a diagnosis so you can begin to fight this effectively. And a counselor doesn't automatically mean meds. You have the right to refuse them. But to be honest, I think that makes it a lot harder than it has to be.

I wish you luck.

summer

Postby summer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 am

thanks for the kind words.

Return to “New Member Introductions”