Shout out from Finland!

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

(Un)Enlightened

Shout out from Finland!

Postby (Un)Enlightened » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Well hello thar, people of Depression Forum!

I'm a 19-year-old wench from Finland (= excuse any typos), as is apparent from the title, and I don't really know whether I'm depressed or not. I haven't had it diagnosed by a doctor and I'm not exactly breaking down crying or jugging down sleeping pills because I feel so miserable. More than anything, I just feel...Well, that's just it, I don't. I've been numb for years now and I'm starting to get bored of it; bored of the unbearable nothingness and incability of experiencing anything but fatigue and lethargy.

SO I yahoo'd a lot, and googled even more, and came to the conclusion that maybe I'm depressed. It's really making my career and education planning difficult - I don't know what I want to do for a living because I really don't want anything, per se. Anything but to satisfy my hedonistic tendencies. I'm in a hopeless rut here...

So, anyway, enchanté! I hope to find an understanding ear or two, as well as offer one myself. :)

Cheers, (Un)Enlightened

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi. Very nice to meet you.

first, I would remind you that only a doctor can accurately diagnose you. There are so many diagnosis out there and the symptoms overlap so drastically, it takes a trained professional to accurately diagnose.

Once you have that diagnosis, then you can begin to find a program that will fit your needs. Whether that's therapy, meds, meditation, etc....

I wish you luck along your journey and want you to know you aren't alone. We are here with you.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:42 am

Hi (Un)Enlightened! Welcome! Hope to hear more about you! :)

(Un)Enlightened

Postby (Un)Enlightened » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:37 am

Thank you very much Obayan and crystalgaze!

Obayan: Yes, I had considered an underlying condition and I do have a doctor's appointment booked for this month. Fingers crossed it's just hypothyroidism! That'd be much easier to deal with than actual depression, even though odds are that I'm having a depressive episode exacerbated by the stress in my private life. At any case, cheers for the suggestion!

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:35 pm

actually, hypothyroidism comes with it's own can of worms to deal with. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope things go ok with the doc for you.

(Un)Enlightened

Postby (Un)Enlightened » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:06 am

Obayan: I'm not going to argue with that since my grandma has the condition and she felt completely horrible before she got diagnozed. However, she tells me that after she started taking the synthroid she's feeling much better and happier. As for depression, wouldn't it be more difficult to medicate, if not impossible? I have several depressed&bipolar friends and they have but negative experience from medication; most of them prefer their natural state to that of the chemical haze.

Return to “New Member Introductions”