Hello All

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

PaulBlue27

Hello All

Postby PaulBlue27 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Hey my name is Paul and I started joining the IRC channel today after feeling more depressed than usual. I am 20 years old and have been on antidepressants since i was about 16. Im very insecure, unhappy, feel alone, and cannot relate with my friends about depression. They think it is all in my head and that i can just stop being depressed just like that. I've met a few of you on the IRC channel and it was a pleasure. I hope to meet more of you soon 8)

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Hi Paul, nice to have you in our forum. I don't chat on the irc, but i just hang around the forums. You will find that here there will be people that will understand why and how you feel the way you do.

Hope to continue seeing you around, take care and all the best! :)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Welcome Paul and your not alone, I have gone through the same situations and feelings. *hugs to you*

sigmund

Postby sigmund » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:54 am

welcome paul, i too have gone through the same reactions from others. hoping you meet some online friends you can relate too and that you find ways to combat your depression. hello and welcome from oz. :)

Kyle

I just joined today

Postby Kyle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:55 am

hello Paul I know exactly where your coming from im still going through my depressive state as well and am on meds too(which i think is clearly okay) :roll: but the important thing to do if you cant find friends that relate to your sitiuations find a phcychrists their the best medicine because it at leat someone to talk to about your problems asnd possibly afterwords youll feel slightly beeter friend

Emotional_77

Re: I just joined today

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Kyle wrote: but the important thing to do if you cant find friends that relate to your sitiuations find a phcychrists their the best medicine because it at leat someone to talk to about your problems asnd possibly afterwords youll feel slightly beeter friend

I find psychatrists dont do much as making you feel better. Well mine doesnt anyway.. He just puts me right on the scale saying you look like you gained weight and I feel depressed throughout the whole day. I want to know what psychatrist you have kyle, because your lucky to find a good one. Anyway, counselors are a more better help for me. There is always that right type of 'medicine' that will work, you just have to search for it.

Welcome Kyle :D

Kyle

Postby Kyle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:07 pm

well im sorry to hear that. well i see two doctors both in Louisiana named Dr. DAMES ( He supplies my meds) and MRS KATHIE WEBER( my social worker) im very grateful to have found 8) them and sorry to say that one my sesions had mrs kathie in tears :cry:

Return to “New Member Introductions”