I just need to Talk others who understand

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Hannah_25

I just need to Talk others who understand

Postby Hannah_25 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi There,

I decided today that I would go onto the net and try to find somebody to talk to about the way I feel. I know that Im lucky to have support from close family but sometimes it would be nice to not have to unload all of it on them which I feel I am doing and that makes me guilty.

Basically to cut a long story short- I feel as though the worst is over, have been battling depression now for about 3 years (I am 25 and have a 4 year old daughter) she has seen me through the real bad times when I thought I'd never cope. I have seen a councellor who has helped me and although I am still on medication (citalipram), I am very slowly cutting them down and hoping to be off them completely in a years time.

Thing is- I can have 5 days where I am feeling fine (not great but Im not feeling sad ness, stress ect) and then BAM out of nowhere I get so low I just want to run away and hide! I am having a day like that today. this can last 1 day or anywhere up to a week and I do not know until I wake up each morning what sort of day Im facing

I do not understand why this happens?
am I getting better, is this normal?

I just want to be the person I once was and I feel like its never going to happen :cry:

If anybody out there can answer my questions or help me, please, it would be great to have a friend who understands,

Hannah

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 am

Hello Hannah_25,

Welcome to the forums. How I wish I could give you answers, but there are no professional here, just peer to peer support. Which I may say is a good thing.

We do have a depression chat room connect with this forum. Have you tried that. Lots of people to talk with, share with. Understanding members that share so much with each other. Hope you to there and talk with everyone.

Warmsoul

pandalover

Postby pandalover » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 pm

hey there, welcome!
unfortunately i dont have any real answers but i do want you to know that you are not alone. i go through the motions almost every day. my day will start off great then the next thing i know, im hit with sorrow. and it comes out of now where. Most of the time its triggered by something simple and dumb that puts me in a nasty phase of feeling low and most of the time i dont know how to get out of it. I think the worst for me is that i dont have any history or reason of feeling stressed or depressed. What has worked for, and keeping me somewhat stable is to take each day one day at a a time. I tell myself every morning "what is the reason to live today" and that keeps me hopeful for the rest of the day. I still struggle every day but knowing that i am trying is good enough. i hope i can give you some relief. If you need someone to talk to PM me. But keep cpming back. You are the lifeline that keeps this forum up and helping people relate and give hope everyday.

Hannah_25

Thank You :)

Postby Hannah_25 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks fpr your replies- its good to know that others feel the same (not that I would wish this on anybody) but u understnd, feeling your not alone is a comfort.

I have tried the chat rroms and they are good thanks. I think its just helpful to be somewhere where u can talk openly without feeling judged.

I will certaninly try to take it step by step and day by day (great advice) because i sometimes get frustrated that im not better and just want to snap my fingers and it be gone which is so unrealistic.

Thanks again will keep in touch xx :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”