new to the forum

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid, Sunlily92

Eternal Chaos

new to the forum

Postby Eternal Chaos » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:31 pm

Thought i would pop in and say hi to all. Im hoping to get some words of comfort from others living with depression.

xn728

Postby xn728 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:12 pm

well eternal chaos ,youve come to the right place we all suffer that terrible ill ness in one form or another ,so from now on dont feel alone ,this is a warm and kind place to be ,we can only offer you our kind words of support ,and hope they reach you and lift you in some way ,
you can tell us your most personal feelings here ,only if you want to of course ,and we will try and give you some support ,,welcome again to the forum ,,reach out and we will catch your fall ,,,hugs xn728 ken xxx
ps have a look round and read some post it may be of a benifit to you
i hope the new year treats you a little better,,, ken

Eternal Chaos

Postby Eternal Chaos » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks for the welcoming words. i have put some info on another thread which i believe you have also answered.

Best wishes for the new year..may it be brighter than the last 3... :?:

Mich

Postby Mich » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Welcome to the forum EternalChaos - there are fabulous people here. I have received much caring and support and I know you will too.

Eternal Chaos

Postby Eternal Chaos » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:05 pm

thanks mich, i have realised how much others care about strangers on just reading some of the posts on here. Its a good feeling..just knowing theres someone out there....

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Eternal Chaos,

Like your screen name. Sure can apply to my life.

I have been going through a tough time lately. Usually I visite this site a couple of times a day but just haven't had the energy to do it.

I am glad that you found us.

It is like you have found an instant family by joining us here. A very supportive family.

Take care

Eternal Chaos

Postby Eternal Chaos » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:34 am

cheers monty, my life is based around eternal chaos so sums me up pretty well.

im glad i found this site allthough i have been down lately so have not been on for a week.

speak soonxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 am

(((((((((((((((((((( Eternal Chaos ))))))))))))))))))))))

Not a lot of words, just a warm hug, hope that is all right.

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Glad to get a quick note from you Chaos.

Sorry to read that things aren't going well for you. Kind of in the same place myself but am hoping to be able to spend some time at the keyboard this afternoon and get caught up with things.

Take care

Eternal Chaos

Postby Eternal Chaos » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:56 pm

experienced something new last night, i think i had a panic attack,i got up during the night to use the wc, and suddenly i started sweating, shaking feeling sick, lightheaded,then i woke up on the floor, still trembling.

sort of through me wee bit to say the least..still in bed the now///confused.

xn728

BE CAREFUL

Postby xn728 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 pm

hi eternal chaos my wife fran suffers from panic and anxiety disorder
this does sound like a panic attack you had ,,worth getting it looked into
if they persist ,,,hope your doing ,we.ll ok nice to see you posting
take care my dear freind hugs ken

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Eternal Chaos,

Have you suffered from panic attacks before or would this be your first one.

I used to have them a lot more than I do now. It got to the point that I couldn't breathe during them. I got a lot of help from my gp when he game me some anti-anxiety meds.

Very fast acting (also very addictive so I don't take them often) and settle me down quite quickly without leaving too much of a hangover affect. Just put the pill under my tonge and it kicks in (for me) within minutes. Like most of those kinds of meds they work quite well on a short-term basis but you don't want to be using them regularly.

I never got too much from doing the Breathing Exercise thing, where you control your breathing but might help you.

Take care

Eternal Chaos

Postby Eternal Chaos » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:38 pm

hi, ive been doing some reading on PA and i think i need to make a appt with gp. this was my first ever and it has frightened me, i just got so hot, my heart was racing then i just started to feel sick and faint, then as i said before i woke up on the floor.

wont take meds, refuse to take any pills of any sort, i try to do things naturally without meds, even childbirth.i take nothing that my body doesnot make it self...so i hope the doc can come up with something other than pills.

Monty

Postby Monty » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Chaos

Many times I have been to therapists who have given me tips, other than ones that involve medications, to help deal with the anxiety.

I think that everyone has heard of the breathing exercises that are to relax and also the meditation route.
Tell s/he right at the start that you don't want to go the med route. If they can't help you, go to someone else.

It seem like I was plagued with quite serious panic attacks. The kind that had be running all over the house because I couldn't get enough air into my lungs. It was like I was being smothered.

My first was when my daughter was around 2 and we were coming home one the plane together from a holiday. All of a sudden I wanted them to open the door, and let me out.
That was not a viable alternative. I found that it was helpful to try to focus on something else. At the time I was breast-feeding and so that was what I did with my daughter on the plane.

I have to find a different solution because that one is no longer an option. She just turned 25.

Keep us updated on how things are going.

Return to “New Member Introductions”