New here

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

squreshi

New here

Postby squreshi » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:28 pm

I am new to this kind of thing. My name is Sarah and I suffer from severe depression. I am currently pregnant with my first child and have been dealing with ridiculous mood swings on top of the depression. With that said, I end up getting super angry over little things and I take it out on my loved ones. I even hit my husband in the face. I highly regret doing that because he left me over a month ago. I am not even an angry person really, though past life events have hardened my heart a lot. We have talked about it since and things are getting better. I am going to therapy/counseling but I still find myself, not getting angry, but just sad and crying all the time. I am hoping being part of this community can help keep my sadness and anger at bay as I know I can get better.

SkaterDrew

Postby SkaterDrew » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi Sarah! likewise, i'm new here and suffering from depression, hope we can help each other.

CrazyKiss

Postby CrazyKiss » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi there, I'm so pleased that u have realised what impact it's having not just on u but on ur family two with ur depression and anxiety. You need to admit that u have a problem before u can recover properly and that's exactly what ur doing so well done.

I know everyone takes their feelings out on loved ones cuz it's what we all do but we just need to be aware that when take are feelings out in a way what can be pretty aggressive and angry is a scary thing and not good at all in any way and is unacceptable to either a man or a woman.

You need to stop and think about what ur doing and when u know that u have to change for urself and nothing else. You don't want ur husband to leave u again but if u carry on doing this he will and he shouldn't have to put up with it.

I'm glad ur getting support for ur anger and ur depression as that's a big step and is brace of u to admit. I do think u need to carry on with counselling before u know in urself u have properly recovered cuz if ur saying ur not angry no more but still feeling low shows u need to keep going to the sessions.

I know things will get easier but if u feel angry in any way or upset then either contact someone u know like a family member or a friend or walk away and then come back. That's what u have to do.

Keep moving forward.

Return to “New Member Introductions”