Looking for support, friendship, understanding

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

Witchmojo

Looking for support, friendship, understanding

Postby Witchmojo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 am

I've had depression problems since a breakdown, aged 13 (I'll be 50 next year). I was eventually diagnosed, about ten years ago, with Cyclothermia, which I understand to be related to bipolar. It seems to be getting more severe as time goes by and I am in almost permanent lows of late. I'm sure you all know what it is like so I won't bore you with details; suffice to say I am messed up.

I'm really looking to reach out to others who know what this is like, hoping to find people who understand, not caring friends who try to but never can because they have never been there, although I am grateful for their efforts.

I'll spend some time looking around the forums, trying to get a feel for how things work here, but if anyone wants to contact me, feel free to message me.

Frame

Postby Frame » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:39 am

Hi Witchmojo;
Yes, this would be a good place to find like minded members how aren't about to tell you to just snap out of it. I'm willing to PM if that makes you comfortable, (so you can PM me if you like) but I think public posting gives more people a change to read and relate, even if they're not directly involved.
Welcome,
Frame

Oh, and I'm 52 with chronic depression by the way.

Witchmojo

Postby Witchmojo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am

Apologies for the slow reply. Had a bit of a meltdown. Off to the doc on Monday morning, again *sigh*. Thanks for the welcome and please excuse me if I am a little erratic in getting to know the forum and reply etc. Until I get stable again, get some therapy or something, I will be that way.

Frame

Postby Frame » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:51 am

It's all good. And your good too.
Life is chaotic. To some extent we're all in the middle of the river. When is gets rough, treading water is a priority over which direction you swim. Your taking positive action. Don't forget to give yourself credit for that.
Frame

Return to “New Member Introductions”