different tastes

Please observe all copyright laws.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

JovianHalo13

different tastes

Postby JovianHalo13 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:48 pm

How many of you music lovers out there listen to some of the same music you heard as a kid...has you're taste in music changed over the years?

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:37 pm

i seem to be stuck in time, i find it strange most of the time i ONLY like music that i have heard before when i was young, and i only like the slow type, so whenever someone plays music that i have not heard before when i was young, any new music, i tend not to like it... strange heh? But not all music that i have heard before i'd like though... there would be some old music i'd like as a child, and i'd like them, those i never did like, i would never like, and those i have not heard before, i'd tend not to like too... if you know what i mean... :D

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:48 am

I love music, all types!! Favorites would be those that touch me in some way. But, I will admit, I love music I can understand the lyrics.

When I hear a song that I have to wonder, 'what the heck did they just say', I tend to not listen to it. LOL

Good question ((((((((((( jovianHalo ))))))))))))) thanks.

Warmie 8)

YBsirius

Postby YBsirius » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:30 am

The first music I can remember hearing was what I'd call hillbilly gospel on the radio my mother would listen too. Later, I always had to rush home in time for American Bandstand (I'd give it a 4 but it's got a nice beat to dance to). I'd suffer thru Hee Haw and and the Porter Waggoner show that my parents would watch, but the truth is I enjoyed the music there also. You can take the boy out of the country but not the country out of the boy.

I love all kinds of music. I have to be in a mood to listen to older music that I've heard a lot tho. I get tired of the same old songs and am always looking for new music. Now that I live in a latin culture, I have a whole new set of genres that I've fallen in love with and am constantly finding new salsa, bolero, cumia, bachata, and merengue tunes that I love to listen too.

One day I'm listening to alternative rock, next bluegrass that takes me back to mom's old radio stations, and another genre the next day.

CJLsky

Postby CJLsky » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:19 am

Well, when I was younger, I listened to a lot of nu-metal (bands like KoRn, Coal Chamber, that sorta thing). I still listen to some of that stuff nowadays, but I listen to a lot broader range of music, everything from doom metal to ambient techno. About the only genres I don't like are rap and country, although I like some of the older country stuff like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, all in all.

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:17 pm

I was in a drugged state for too many years. I am not exaggerating in saying that there was a long period of time where I just sat in the corner and drooled. Another rant for another day.

This was leading into the fact that I am now so grateful that I enjoy music. It is a direct result of being able to feel again. Music now has the ability to move me to tears. And I welcome them.

Also now have the ability to sing, and not really care what anyone thinks about my ability or lack of ability.

I am old enough that I am most comfortable listening to the oldie stations.
the 70's and 80's music seems to be my favorites.

Usually the quieter kind of stuff. James Taylor, Carly Simon.
Especially like the music of the Bee Gees.
One of the highlights of my life was being able to see a Rod Stewart concert live. That was partly because I was able to go to that one with my daughter.

Return to “Music”