Learning a Musical Instrument

Please observe all copyright laws.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

shmuel

Learning a Musical Instrument

Postby shmuel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:07 am

Anyone thought about learning a musical Instrument?
Maybe you had a go in your youth...lost interest..there are thousands of reasons to give up and even more to start learning an instrument.
What I`m saying is... I have years of experience teaching and performing music.So much knowledge which has to be shared...feel free to ask me anything about music or instruments...
Last edited by shmuel on Sun May 11, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:42 am

I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, never gotten around to it... :(

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:11 pm

((((((((((((( shmuel ))))))))))))))

Oh yeah, have thought of it, just don't have the talent to do it. :)

Warmie/Jeanie 8)

usatrooper

Playing guitar

Postby usatrooper » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:41 am

Playing guitar is great for relieving stress. When I get stressed, I pick up mine, and play for hours. I've been playing about 15 years now. I picked it up in High School, and never put it down. The stress just melts away, and I forget about my problems for a little while. It's like I'm in my own little world.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:38 am

(((((((((((((((( usatrooper ))))))))))))))))))

To be honest, there is a gentleman that has offered to teach me to play the guitar. First excuse was I don't have a guitar. He has one for me. Second excuse, my hands are small. He has a guitar that will work with the small hands.

After reading your post, I am re-thinking this. LOL. Who knows.

Thank you for sharing with us, opened my eyes to some possibilities I must say.

Warmie/Jeanie13

Skip_DJ

Postby Skip_DJ » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I love instruments! I play just about anything I can get my hands on, but my favorites include Piano, Guitar and Autoharp. =]

Evie

Postby Evie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 pm

I love playing piano and guitar, but sometimes when I get too depressed I just can't find the motivation to pick them up even if I try.

somberone

Postby somberone » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:00 pm

I can play drums and guitar. I bought a bassoon some years ago but took it to a pawn shop as I smoke (I don't advocate it) and really didn't have the lungs for it (also was doing some other things at the time I was busy with) so I didn't take the time to really progress. I think it's got a great sound though and eventually I wanna get back into it. Music is a great thing but yes sometimes when depressed (depending on how much so), even that
doesn't life us up-just depends I guess.

mistystarshine

Postby mistystarshine » Wed May 22, 2013 8:11 pm

I play flute. It's fun, sometimes.

angelblue15

Postby angelblue15 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:10 am

I have to say l know what you mean. I am chronically depressed. I am often desperately alone. But I know it takes a deep emotional commitment to support someone like me. I also know that besides all the reality of why I am depressed (or maybe at the center of them) there are the feelings. The feelings often suck, but they are the most changeable part of the situation.

MarhinDeMosr

Re: Learning a Musical Instrument

Postby MarhinDeMosr » Fri May 24, 2019 2:36 pm

I've always been interested in pianos. My aunt owned one, a rickety old upright. My mother bought an electric piano when I was young, probably preschool.
Oddly enough, despite access and interest, I never learned to play anything more than Silent Night, Peter Peter pumpkin eater, maybe a couple more simple Tunes. Not when I was a child, nor much of my adult life. I was maybe, almost 30 when I bought my own electronic keyboard, and endeavored to teach myself how to play.
I didn't do very good job, but I have a couple things I created that live on in digital format. Maybe I will hunt them down, and post them on the boards here, and hope that those who listen will be kind in their criticism:)

Tired toad

Postby Tired toad » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:55 am

I am a music geek. My main instruments are viola and ukulele, although I love playing bass and violin, along with singing. Whenever life gets rough, I pick up an instrument, and for a little while, everything is fine. Then I have to join the real world again.

athena.vhd

Postby athena.vhd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:49 am

im so intrested in learning music but idk where to start and which instrument.
any idea?do u think i can learn it online?

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:01 am

Athena, try YouTube. Look up the instrument that takes your fancy. It also depends on what you like to listen to, want to play, how much time you can devote to learning that instrument, etc. I love several, particularly violin, piano, and acoustic guitar. I can play neither of them :lol: but I do like to listen to them. The violin always stirs my emotions, even to tears. I love it!

I was thinking about learning the acoustic guitar, since it will be a good place to start, relatively easy, instrument is reasonably priced, it is portable, and a common instrument thus easy to find online lessons, such as YouTube.

Speaking of music, I went for my usual latte. They had a live band playing outside. I sat out there watching the performance whilst sipping on my somewhat delicious latte. They don't do the best lattes, but the atmosphere is one of the best, especially with the live music.

Then at the back of the café was a farm. It had chickens, rooster, other wild birds, goat, and two alpacas. I tried to pat the alpaca, but cautious because it might spit at me. It spat at the goat, though. It was hilarious.

athena.vhd

Postby athena.vhd » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:48 am

i wasnt sure if i could learn it online or not but thank u i will try it and about price ur right and ill borrow it till i undrestand which instrument im talented in.

Return to “Music”