Fear of posting

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

-Stephen-

Fear of posting

Postby -Stephen- » Sat May 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Hmm, is there a fear of posting on forums? lol

Okay, that wasn't too funny, but whatever, it struck me as mildly amusing!

Stephen

aim

Postby aim » Sat May 29, 2010 8:37 pm

((((Stephen))))

I don't think it's fear as much as maybe people are in need of immediate assistance... perhaps that is why the chat room does so well?

Please know that for the people who use these forums, they are genuine life savers.

You're the best, Stephen.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun May 30, 2010 5:29 am

No fear of posting, but don't always know what to say. And can't always relate to things that people are saying or things that are going on. Or people may not always be in shape to post.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:17 am

Stephen, as you have said to me, you are sometimes more comfortable just reading. Many people feel that way. So no, not funny or amusing at all.

Find that people do what they can, when they can. If giving the opportunity to have a site where they can express themselves, when they want, without being 'judge', reading of others struggles and relating to them, or perhaps reading something that might help them with their issue. Isn't that what it is suppose to be about?

Life isn't always perfect, as we all know.

Warmie/Jeanie

aim

Postby aim » Sun May 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Hollyann... you are an interesting person who I'm sure always has something great to say. Please don't ever feel that the things you say and do don't mean anything. Because they DO. You're a real asset to DU, and I for one would like to hear more about YOU.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun May 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Yes Holly is a sweetheart. She does all she can, when she can. ((((((( Holly )))))))))))

Will talk again soon.

Warmie/Jeanie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:31 am

I can say that for me, there is so much that i have been thru, and so much that i can relate to.... it's hard reading sometimes and getting triggered. I tend to detach... and my responses often times come out sounding clinical. It's not because i don't care, but instead because i care so much i have to detach or i will set off my own pain. But i'm doing my best to work on that. And to be here in the forums more. I just want to make a difference.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 am

((((((((((( Obayan )))))))))))

Your words, always words of wisdom. We are fortunate to have you in our family. Thank you Lady!

Warmie

daffodilly

Postby daffodilly » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 am

although I have posted on the forums, I can certainly identify with a fear of it. For me it is more a fear of people not wanting to read what I have said. Or not thinking it was imoprtant or even relevant. Or of saying or doing something wrong.

fear is a very ugly beast.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:52 am

((((((((((((((( daffodilly ))))))))))))))))))))))

You and your words are very important here. You are part of this family, and families stand beside you.

I understand how you feel, when writing about yourself, not sure what to say, what to tell, what not to tell. It makes us individuals, we are special and we CARE.

You keep posting friend, post what you are comfortable with and when you feel comfortable enough to do so. What I do, promise. Why I post in the Corner, trying to give a place to not have to think of daily things, perhaps find a quote, meditation that hits home and jokes to give others reasons to laugh and out-and-out laugh.

You stand strong, for we are doing that with you.

Warmie

brayanfraser

Postby brayanfraser » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:29 am

Yes, that feeling sucks! Most of the forum, unlike this, I do not feel embarrassed at all, and people can easily track me carefully. Here, however, I will do my best to be as discreet as possible, for obvious reasons! BTW, I really hate it when the forums are very strict rules / label that is not always clear!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 pm

brayanfraser

The rules are simple. Show resepct and -- No advertising. Seem very clear to me.

Hope you find the forums a useful supportive site for yourself.

Warmsoul/Moderator
Last edited by Warmsoul/Jeanie13 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Fear of posting

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:40 am

-Stephen- wrote:Hmm, is there a fear of posting on forums? lol

Okay, that wasn't too funny, but whatever, it struck me as mildly amusing!

Stephen

I dont think so, But there does seem to be a fear of everything you can think of. All fears however are just as serious because they affect a persons mentality and stop them from enjoying a certain situation.

Return to “Phobias”