Fear of Rejection

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Misty

Fear of Rejection

Postby Misty » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:07 pm

What do they call that? Fear of rejection or being ignored. Is there even such a thing? I don't go out of my way for attention but at the same time when i say something in a group and they ignore me i feel like a fixture in the room to place a drink or ashtray on. I spent most of my younger years in my room and my parents would tell me to go out and play.

Life has been hard but i managed to find love and a career i enjoyed. Well the career is gone due to health problems and so here i am again in my room. Ironic in a way only nobody tells me to go out and play anymore.

The latest feeling of rejection (in my mind at least) is people i had such a good repoire with here don't want to listen to me anymore. It's like i've outstayed my welcome. As i said, this may be in my head but what do they call this? I don't know where else on the web to search, i've tried. It also scares me that i may just stop coming here altogether.

I haven't changed my personality lately so i need to find a reason for this. My meds are kicking in and i'm getting sleepy, i need to go.

Sorry to my friends because i feel like i'm whining and i hate that!

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Sweetie, I don't think anything is wrong with you or that you are being ignored, just sorta comes in waves in chatroom I've noticed that sometimes people ignore you and sometimes they are all over you...and you haven't been posting a lot in the forums that i've seen, so keep posting and i'll bet people will respond.

*hugs* we all feel that way sometimes, like something is wrong with us that makes people treat us or fail to treat us as they do, but all people are just flawed and get caught up in their own dramas sometimes. I know i'm guilty sometimes of posting my own crap and not responding to others, not because something is wrong with them, but it is something wrong with me that makes me unable to focus on another when i've got something going on...

we depressives aren't usually the most social people anyway, and so that might account for some of the feeling of being ignored...some depressives just aren't always responsive to others and often lack social skills 'normals' take for granted...

so *hugs* i'm here and i'll be your friend :)

Misty

Postby Misty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:59 pm

(((((shatteredhopes)))))

It meant alot to me reading your words. You are so clear in what you mean to say when explaining things. The only time i can somewhat do that is when it is 'not me' i'm talking about. That is why i get so frustrated. As soon as i can afford a therapist i will be running to their office.

So meanwhile, the only thing that makes me feel worthwhile is being there for others and i haven't been able to do that lately it seems. Here i go again, can't explain what's in my head.

What you said about not responding to posts is exactly how it is with me. When you have no focus it is almost impossible to talk to people. When i woke up today i regretted what i had written because it was impulsive and to my way of thinking, selfish of me.

Usually i look at my issues and remind myself that there are so many families & children that have to struggle every day to survive, but when these "spells" come over me i just lose it. Maybe it's the beginning or form of an obsession? That is why i want to find out what disorder aside from depression it might be.

Enough *smack myself*
Thank you ((((shatteredhopes)))) for taking time to read my post and respond & your friendship :)

xn728

(((((MISTY)))))

Postby xn728 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:41 pm

hey ((((((((misty))))))),,ive answered your simaler post like this ,,so i wont write to much here ,,,,like my sister says ,,sometimes the forum is like that ,,users may be suffering their pain and not feel up to answering
dont worry my dear freind theres nothing wrong wth you ,,
your part of this big family ,,and we all love you dearly ,,ive posted before and got no replys for a while ,,its fine just the way it goes ,,,,
hope your doing ok ,,we havent chatted for a while ,,hugs love ken xxx

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:40 am

((((((((((((((( Misty )))))))))))))))))

hug you because you are so dear to me

love you
dandelion

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 am

Misty..... ((((((((((((((((((((Misty))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just a hello to you!

I have a fear of rejection sometimes.... but I always try to focus on something else to distract me from it.

Sometimes, I take the "I won't know unless I try" approach.... Or the "So what? I can try again" approach....

It's hard, but we can do it! ;) Hugs to you!

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:53 am

Ok..... I get it. People don't like to be rejected. That's human nature. We all want to be accepted. Misty, I want you to know that here, we don't judge or discriminate. You are safe. You are wanted. You are not alone.

((( big hug ))) sent your way.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Fear of Rejection

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:38 am

Misty wrote:What do they call that? Fear of rejection or being ignored. Is there even such a thing? I don't go out of my way for attention but at the same time when i say something in a group and they ignore me i feel like a fixture in the room to place a drink or ashtray on. I spent most of my younger years in my room and my parents would tell me to go out and play.

Life has been hard but i managed to find love and a career i enjoyed. Well the career is gone due to health problems and so here i am again in my room. Ironic in a way only nobody tells me to go out and play anymore.

The latest feeling of rejection (in my mind at least) is people i had such a good repoire with here don't want to listen to me anymore. It's like i've outstayed my welcome. As i said, this may be in my head but what do they call this? I don't know where else on the web to search, i've tried. It also scares me that i may just stop coming here altogether.

I haven't changed my personality lately so i need to find a reason for this. My meds are kicking in and i'm getting sleepy, i need to go.

You can make a point and being taken seriously without "begging for attention" It is all the way you come across when you communicate with others. Of course have to be interesting to communicate with also. I find everybody ive met interesting to talk to. Communication gets better with people over time.

Elisabeth75

Postby Elisabeth75 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 am

Misty wrote:What do they call that? Fear of rejection or being ignored. Is there even such a thing? I don't go out of my way for attention but at the same time when i say something in a group and they ignore me i feel like a fixture in the room to place a drink or ashtray on. I spent most of my younger years in my room and my parents would tell me to go out and play.

I understand you, it happens to me a lot too. And it gives the impression that what is said is not useful. After that you're afraid to talk.

Queen.Renae.1231

Postby Queen.Renae.1231 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:15 am

you are unique embrace it

Prycejosh1987

Re:

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:40 pm

shatteredhopes wrote:Sweetie, I don't think anything is wrong with you or that you are being ignored, just sorta comes in waves in chatroom I've noticed that sometimes people ignore you and sometimes they are all over you...and you haven't been posting a lot in the forums that i've seen, so keep posting and i'll bet people will respond.

*hugs* we all feel that way sometimes, like something is wrong with us that makes people treat us or fail to treat us as they do, but all people are just flawed and get caught up in their own dramas sometimes. I know i'm guilty sometimes of posting my own crap and not responding to others, not because something is wrong with them, but it is something wrong with me that makes me unable to focus on another when i've got something going on...

we depressives aren't usually the most social people anyway, and so that might account for some of the feeling of being ignored...some depressives just aren't always responsive to others and often lack social skills 'normals' take for granted...

so *hugs* i'm here and i'll be your friend :)

People ignoring us can be something that happens often. We live in a fallen world. The best way to deal with rejection is to be strong minded and focused on getting what you want in relationships. I do not mean forced but practically be assertive but also be calm and collected. Rejection happens often. I have been rejected a lot myself, do not let rejections put you down, because later down the line, acceptance will come.

Return to “Phobias”