Restaurant menus

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Monty

Restaurant menus

Postby Monty » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:48 am

I first heard this many years ago. Sometimes it slips my mind for a bit and I don't act on it. Sometimes I have been know to wear rubber gloves when I eat.

When health inspectors go into restaurants they check the usual things. I imagine cooking areas, bathrooms and such. Look for vermin eating those McDonalds fries on the floor. Like I said, the usual things.

I think that I would probably just not want to know what they find. I would be stuck with home-cooked food, forever (which might not be too bad for my health but I do like to fall off the wagon sometimes and eat greasy)

Just how often do you think that those menus are cleaned off. Probably only when someone drips food on them.

Just where have those hands between. True the cooks where rubber gloves. The servers don't. How many menus have been touched by people that aren't clean, didn't wash their hands after sneezing (or worst)

Anyway just one of my phobias. Better go check my box of rubber gloves and make sure that I have enough to last the week.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 am

(((((((((((((( Monty ))))))))))))))))

I carry a small bottle of the 'sanitizing soap'. Not expensive, fits nicely into a purse or pocket.

:)

Jeanie

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:38 am

Jeanie,

Good plan.

A little bottle of sanitizing lotion is a lot less obtrusive that pulling out a pair of rubber gloves.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Restaurant menus

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:51 am

Monty wrote:I first heard this many years ago. Sometimes it slips my mind for a bit and I don't act on it. Sometimes I have been know to wear rubber gloves when I eat.

When health inspectors go into restaurants they check the usual things. I imagine cooking areas, bathrooms and such. Look for vermin eating those McDonalds fries on the floor. Like I said, the usual things.

I think that I would probably just not want to know what they find. I would be stuck with home-cooked food, forever (which might not be too bad for my health but I do like to fall off the wagon sometimes and eat greasy)

Just how often do you think that those menus are cleaned off. Probably only when someone drips food on them.

Just where have those hands between. True the cooks where rubber gloves. The servers don't. How many menus have been touched by people that aren't clean, didn't wash their hands after sneezing (or worst)

Anyway just one of my phobias. Better go check my box of rubber gloves and make sure that I have enough to last the week.

I had worked in a few restaurants and i know exactly what you mean. Usually (probably) What you didnt know is that the entire restaurant is cleaned every night. The kitchen staff and waiters deep clean the restaurant. That is everyday, well at least where i am from they do. Some restaurants do not take so much care, but im sure that most of the restaurants all over the world at least make sure food is prepped properly and kitchen is cleaned often throughout the day. But that is my personal opinion. You can ask for cleanliness, when sit at a table. If it isnt upto standard.

Return to “Phobias”