Fear of losing a mobile phone

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CamGirl
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 am

Fear of losing a mobile phone

Postby CamGirl » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:18 am

This is the first time I encountered the word "nomophobia". I'm not sure if I'm correct with the term but its linked to smartphone addiction. Perhaps, it could be related to excessive use of mobile phones and it becomes a fear of losing it? Any thoughts? If ever, how does a person stop or cope with it?

WickerBrown
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:55 am

Re: Fear of losing a mobile phone

Postby WickerBrown » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:04 am

Yup! I heard about nomophobia but its difficult to cope with such addiction without any support of our family. Another thing is, the person affected by such behavioral disorder must be willing to undergo treatment too.

CamGirl
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 am

Re: Fear of losing a mobile phone

Postby CamGirl » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:29 am

WickerBrown wrote:Yup! I heard about nomophobia but its difficult to cope with such addiction without any support of our family. Another thing is, the person affected by such behavioral disorder must be willing to undergo treatment too.


What type of treatment will be best for nomophobia?

caleighsss
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: Fear of losing a mobile phone

Postby caleighsss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 pm

It depends how old the person is. If he or she is still a child, there are available apps to put limits on the usage. And of course, it will all depend on how the parents would discipline the children. But if we're talking about adults, then a professional help is needed. A therapist would play a big role here.

CamGirl
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 am

Re: Fear of losing a mobile phone

Postby CamGirl » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 am

caleighsss wrote:It depends how old the person is. If he or she is still a child, there are available apps to put limits on the usage. And of course, it will all depend on how the parents would discipline the children. But if we're talking about adults, then a professional help is needed. A therapist would play a big role here.


Thanks for that information! I'm referring to all ages. I may agree about an adult that needs a therapist to cope with it. Actually, I have browsed a site (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression) that might help.

Prycejosh1987
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:54 am
Location: Birmingham UK
Contact:

Re: Fear of losing a mobile phone

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:11 am

CamGirl wrote:This is the first time I encountered the word "nomophobia". I'm not sure if I'm correct with the term but its linked to smartphone addiction. Perhaps, it could be related to excessive use of mobile phones and it becomes a fear of losing it? Any thoughts? If ever, how does a person stop or cope with it?

Just be careful not to lose your phone and take extra steps when you leave your house. Like check to see if you still have your phone on you when you leave a place or get out of the taxi or off the bus. Do not leave until you know you have your phone on you. Wear a coat that has large and deep pockets. Even doing this your likely to lose your phone at least once in your life. I buy phones that are not expensive. I think you should hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Download an app that tells you where your phone is. I heard theres an app like that available. You could call your phone if you lose it and dont leave the place until you find your phone.


Return to “Phobias”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests