New Phobia?

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

SoulInDespair

New Phobia?

Postby SoulInDespair » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:32 am

This may come off sounding like a joke and I don't want anyone to think I'm making light of phobias. I feel they're very real and serious issues but I think I have one that I've never heard of before......

Fear of opening ones bank statement.

I very rarely if ever open my bank statement or balance my bank book for fear of being broke. I know. Stupid. If I don't know my balance how do I know if I won't over drawn. Answer. Usually, if I'm afraid of that I use my credit card. Strangely, I don't have a fear of looking at that balance. So what would this kind of phobia be called?

Bankophobia?

See!? Told you it sounds like I'm making a joke.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 pm

There are many different kinds of phobias out there, even some you would at least expect was one. Maybe look it up on a website and see if there is something like what you mentioned on there. It's worth a shot and no I dont think what your saying is a joke, it's a fear that you have and its common to have fears. Getting over those fears is the hard part though.

aim

Made me think!

Postby aim » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:11 pm

I have to say that I too have a fear of my bank statements! In fact, whenever I withdraw money from an ATM machine, I do NOT look at the receipt. I subtract the money out of my ledger before I actually withdraw it, then crumple the receipt up without looking at it...what is that all about, anyway? I take good care of my money, and budget to the penny...what exactly am I afraid to find? Just know...you are not alone in this fear, SoulInDespair! :D I'm right there with you!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:11 pm

Is it the fear of 'bank accounts' or lack of providing for yourself?

Think that is why I do my best to save as much as I can.

Just a thought.

Warmie 8)

Prycejosh1987

Re: New Phobia?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:05 pm

SoulInDespair wrote:This may come off sounding like a joke and I don't want anyone to think I'm making light of phobias. I feel they're very real and serious issues but I think I have one that I've never heard of before......

Fear of opening ones bank statement.

I very rarely if ever open my bank statement or balance my bank book for fear of being broke. I know. Stupid. If I don't know my balance how do I know if I won't over drawn. Answer. Usually, if I'm afraid of that I use my credit card. Strangely, I don't have a fear of looking at that balance. So what would this kind of phobia be called?

Bankophobia?

See!? Told you it sounds like I'm making a joke.

I dont know what that would be called. Whats ironic is everybody has debts. Some people larger than others but i havent met anyone that is afraid of looking at their financial income and outgoings. I can say that a low balance and debts are not the end of the world and can always be improved with the right choices.

Return to “Phobias”