Fear of Zombies

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Melibellz13117

Fear of Zombies

Postby Melibellz13117 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:14 am

I feel like I am the only one who is terrified of the zombie apocalypse. I know it's such a silly idea and it could never happen, but I have nightmares all the time about zombies and when I wake up, I literally can't even lay next to my husband anymore cuz I'm so afraid that he'll wake up a zombie and attack me. I have to go stand by the window and force myself to look out to see real people before I can calm down...
The weird thing is that I love zombie movies... The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows and it never bothers me to watch it. But if I have a nightmare about zombies then I can't watch it for like a week...
I know it's silly but I can't help it...
Is there anyone else with this silly fear????

Prycejosh1987

Re: Fear of Zombies

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:25 pm

Melibellz13117 wrote:I feel like I am the only one who is terrified of the zombie apocalypse. I know it's such a silly idea and it could never happen, but I have nightmares all the time about zombies and when I wake up, I literally can't even lay next to my husband anymore cuz I'm so afraid that he'll wake up a zombie and attack me. I have to go stand by the window and force myself to look out to see real people before I can calm down...
The weird thing is that I love zombie movies... The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows and it never bothers me to watch it. But if I have a nightmare about zombies then I can't watch it for like a week...
I know it's silly but I can't help it...
Is there anyone else with this silly fear????

A fear is a fear no matter how silly it may sound. Just know that zombies are like vampires. How likely will you see vampire in your life. Do you know anybody that has seen a zombie, (i mean a real one). Zombies walk really slow, and can be killed just like a human. There is no reason to fear a zombie. Not to mention that i can guarantee to you that you will not see a real zombie, no one has seen one. Movies has made them.

useranonymous

Postby useranonymous » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:13 pm

I've not got a fear of a zombie apocalypse, but rather a fear of an outbreak of a serious illness or serious health complications due to the release of a drug or vaccination that hasnt been tested for long enough. I know this sounds very covid related but that's not what I was getting at just to make that clear.

PhantomMan

Postby PhantomMan » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:20 pm

Hmm... I thought that I am the only one who fears this type of possible catastrophe. Even though it can be still some sort of a fantasy inside Hollywood --> I am scared as f*(k.

Return to “Phobias”