Heterophobia- Fear of the opposite sex. (Sexophobia)

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

catt02

Heterophobia- Fear of the opposite sex. (Sexophobia)

Postby catt02 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:24 pm

Do you have Heterophobia- Fear of the opposite sex. (Sexophobia)

jvincent

Postby jvincent » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Does this count?
When I was little I was not allowed to even look at girls because it lead to impure thoughts. Until I was in my 20s if i even thought about talking to a girl I liked I would shiver so badly I could not talk if i wanted to. I love women but to this day I have never approached one that I wanted. I accidentally fell into a relationship with someone who was everything I ever wanted. I thought she was my one true love in my life.. But because I have no experience with such things I accidentally killed her love for me forever.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:41 pm

JVincent,

When I read your post I shiver. It is an unfinished story, and you are the author. I accidentally killed her love for me forever ... is the end of this chapter, but remember how it began:

I have never approached one that I wanted. I accidentally fell into a relationship with someone who was everything I ever wanted.

As the author of your story, how do you want the next chapter to begin, by action or by chance?

Either way will work. Good luck to you.

jvincent

Postby jvincent » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:15 pm

I have the battle in my head to move on and write a new story every day.

Burn the old and start a new story was actually an assignment from a psyche friend. I still have a blank page open on my computer at home for it.

It has been 2 months but it seems like I am reliving the end of my story every night when the darkest part of her visits me in my nightmares. I never knew how badly the lack of sleep could mess with your mind until this.
I only sleep now because of drugs.
I imagine the nightmares will subside someday, and i will begin a new chapter.
until then I just hope it happens soon. I am over 40 and there are not many pages left for me to burn.
anyway.
Thanks for the vote of confidence pole.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Heterophobia- Fear of the opposite sex. (Sexophobia)

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:30 pm

catt02 wrote:Do you have Heterophobia- Fear of the opposite sex. (Sexophobia)

Apart from a few physical differences men and women are exactly the same. In personality, in beliefs, in problems, and things we do that are physical, such as brush our teeth and use the toilet, and eat, etc. I think this phobia is extremely rare. If you have it then know that we are the same in many ways.

Return to “Phobias”