Your worst Fear/Phobia?

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 am

((((((((((((((( Peachy )))))))))))))))))

Maybe someday <3

MJ

Postby MJ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks guys, I'm pleased I shared this. I suffered post traumatic stress disorder quite intensely after the incident and I'm not entirely sure that a lot of the problems I've had over the years aren't rooted in what happened. Made me question life a whole lot which is always stressful!

Aim - Your sister's fear sounds totally normal so I suppose mine is too :) I just thought that having a physical reaction to writing about my fear was a bit silly but I guess not. Thanks :) I was a wreck when I watched one of the Lord of the Rings films, with the big water explosion everywhere haha I had to leave the cinema, it was a school trip as well!

Also just realised I said in was 4 years ago.? I think I must have been having a blonde moment because I'm 19 now and I was 13 at the time so i meant 6 years...I think? Oh lord. I have a phobia or maths!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:46 pm

((((((((((((((((((((( MJ ))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for sharing. Know it isn't always easy to do that, even just typing, still you found the courage to do just that. A good sign, don't you think?

MJ

Postby MJ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:54 pm

I'm sure it is a good sign:)
I'm finding these forums really helpful, just by being able to vent or explain things without the anxiety that it will be causing stress to my family, I don't have to feel embarassed by telling anyone who I have to face in person. It's really useful:)

xx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 pm

((((((((((((( MJ ))))))))))))))))))

What the forums are for, the support without the quilt. Just consider us as a 'add-on' family. One that is here for you, won't judge you, support for you and understanding.

Welcome and please continue posting. It does help to get through all the depression and anxiety that is in our lives daily.

Another hug for you ((((((((((((((( NJ ))))))))))))))))))

Warmie/Jeanie

aim

Postby aim » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:46 pm

MJ - glad you feel that comfort here as I, and so many others do. I can totally understand wanting to unburden yourself, but not burden those you love at the same time... I used to cringe when I would talk to my mom about these things because I could see how helpless she felt when there was nothing she could do but listen.

Keep posting MJ. Glad you are about here. :-)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm

(((((((((((((( MJ ))))))))))))))))))

See, your posting is read. :)

Warmie/Jeanie

MJ

Postby MJ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 pm

:wink: cheers guys
xxx

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 pm

((((((((((((((( mj and jeanie! ))))))))))))))))))) hugs to you both :D

Froggy

Postby Froggy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Mostly fictional things... It's ridiculous, really, I need to stop watching scary movies xD

There's one frame of a zombie's face in 28 Days Later that gets me every time I look at a dark window. If I'm at home and it's quiet, or night time, I have to edge along with my back to the wall. I've spent the night sleeping in the bathroom before because I didn't want to move to my room xD

There's also something that my friend told me about; these dark shadowy figures that can move dimensions, and that only exist when you think about them. The scary thing is that even if you escape into another room, they can just shift dimensions, move past the wall, and shift back into this reality. Freaks me out every time I think of them.

Irrational scares aside, I'm terrified that one day I won't be able to stop my closest friend killing herself. This haunts me all the time.

aim

Postby aim » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Froggy... don't think we've met. My pleasure!!!

That rational fear that you have? I can see why it would scare you so much. Just keep encouraging your friend to talk to you. Be there for her as best as you can. If worse comes to worse? Call someone. Tell someone who can help her.

I hope you keep posting, Froggy!!!

Froggy

Postby Froggy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi, Aim! I don't think we have met, I'm fairly new to the forums and the site in general. The pleasure's all mine!

I'm trying my best, and I have been for a long time now... but I can't stick to her 24/7, and that's really the only way I'd stop worrying. I have tried to get her help, but so far people have been very unhelpful. Luckily she recently told me she has an appointment with a mental health clinic, so that's good; I'm hoping they can help her more than the last idiots did.

Thanks, Aim, I'll try to keep active!

aim

Postby aim » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Hey Froggy.... please know that you are doing all that you can, ok? In the end, we're all pretty much responsible for our own actions.

An appointment with a mental health clinic is a great step. Please encourage her to be as honest as possible with them - it's the only way she will get the help she needs.

Glad you are here!!!

Prycejosh1987

Re: Your worst Fear/Phobia?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:59 am

JovianHalo13 wrote:What is your worst fear/phobia?

I am absolutely deathly afraid of spiders. As well as natural disasters. (tornadoes, hurricanes, winter blizzards, earthquakes...all natural disasters) but i don't mind regular thunderstorms. Used to suffer from a horrible fear of people. which caused panic attacks. That's not as bad as it used to be though.

Anxiety can get better over time and with age. However, I do encourage people to use reason when dealing with anxiety. Spiders can be scary but remember they are harmless. There is nothing a normal spider can do to do to physically hurt you. Exotic spiders have venom but even that isnt very effective on humans. When they walk on you it feels so light its ticklish. I dont know why you could be scared of them. i think you should confront your fear of spiders.

Return to “Phobias”