A Fear of Hurting Someone's Feelings

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

JoeFriend

A Fear of Hurting Someone's Feelings

Postby JoeFriend » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 pm

I over complexify (I just made that word up) many of life's situations, especially when it comes to other people and their feelings.

I just read some of the other posts and though I wanted (and tried) to respond, I was afraid, and therefore I didn't. I don't think it is good to be afraid... but I feel that each time that I'm not afraid I make mistakes or that what I have to say is of no real value... I generally swing (much like a pendulum) from one side to the other. I am too afraid and I fail to succeed because I don't try. Or I am too arrogant and I fail because I have somehow neglected the feelings of the people I care about.... I know I am a mix of many problems... but recently this fear I think is the one that causes me to fail the most...

Prycejosh1987

Re: A Fear of Hurting Someone's Feelings

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:48 pm

JoeFriend wrote:I over complexify (I just made that word up) many of life's situations, especially when it comes to other people and their feelings.

I just read some of the other posts and though I wanted (and tried) to respond, I was afraid, and therefore I didn't. I don't think it is good to be afraid... but I feel that each time that I'm not afraid I make mistakes or that what I have to say is of no real value... I generally swing (much like a pendulum) from one side to the other. I am too afraid and I fail to succeed because I don't try. Or I am too arrogant and I fail because I have somehow neglected the feelings of the people I care about.... I know I am a mix of many problems... but recently this fear I think is the one that causes me to fail the most...

You should always be honest when communicating with others. Think about them and yourself, when communicating with them.

Return to “Phobias”