stuck in

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

gem

stuck in

Postby gem » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:28 am

as my depression is getting worse its affecting everythink my speech my stutter has gotting worse when am in a shop now i get all panic this is just stupid i feel like a freak and am not the same girl i used to be feel scared all the time but dont know why i feel like the hole world is laughing at me i dont leave the house much now my depression is affecting my everyday life and i hate it :(

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Well..... You can try to make a plan to cope/conquer things that are getting in your way. You can do it!

gem

Postby gem » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:07 am

thanks crystal :)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 pm

(((( crystalgaze )))) has a good idea. It reminds me of some very useful advice that a psychiatrist I used to talk to gave me: don't try to " fix " everything at once, instead work on making slow, gradual changes in your life.
Have you tried talking to your GP? My GP was very helpful when I was at my lowest, in June last year, very helpful in allowing me to start " putting myself back together again. "
Is there a branch of MIND anywhere near you? I found MIND very helpful, they ran several groups and activities in their premises that I found helped me in getting myself out of the house and giving myself a bit more confidence in social situations. ( I went to the Men's group, the Chess group, and the 6-week stress management course that they ran. I avoided the art group, painting, SOOOO not my strong-point! :roll: )
Take things slow, but, like (((( crystalgaze )))), I DO believe that you CAN, with help, find your way to better days. :)

Prycejosh1987

Re: stuck in

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:46 am

gem wrote:as my depression is getting worse its affecting everythink my speech my stutter has gotting worse when am in a shop now i get all panic this is just stupid i feel like a freak and am not the same girl i used to be feel scared all the time but dont know why i feel like the hole world is laughing at me i dont leave the house much now my depression is affecting my everyday life and i hate it :(

You are being paranoid. You will get noticed in a negative light by random people, if you make yourself noticed. If you act normal as if no one is staring and change your mentality, then i dont see why not you can enjoy yourself. When your paranoid you tend you act in a way that would make you seem more noticeable. Just be yourself and dont listen to negative thoughts. Be more positive.

Return to “Phobias”