How To Lock Your Car!

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

How To Lock Your Car!

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:21 pm

How to Lock Your Car and Why
I locked my car --- as I walked away I heard my car door unlock I went back and locked my car again three times. I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. When I looked straight at them they did not unlock my car again.

How to lock your car safely -
While traveling, my son stopped at a roadside park. He came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later and found someone had gotten into his car, and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator briefcase.....you name it...

He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into - the police told him that there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device..

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and have a few minutes to steal and run. The police officer said to manually lock your car door-by hitting the lock button inside the car, that way if there is someone siting in a parking lot watching for their next victim it will not be you.

When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting...it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain - it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be stolen. Something totally new to us...and real.

Be aware of this and please pass this note on...look how many times we all lock our doors with our remote...just to be sure we remembered to lock them....and bingo someone has our code...and whatever was in the car...can be stolen.

Warmie 8)

Andrew

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:39 pm

The first car I had with central locking had a remote that also activated the alarm when you locked your car. We had two but they both started playing up and once we were very worried that we couldn't actually get back into the car as using the key wouldn't deactivate the alarm. We tried to get the batteries replaced but were told they were fine, and replacing the whole remotes would have costed a fortune. From then on I took the remotes off the keyrings and just used the key itself.

My current car just has key locking and no remote or alarm and I'm happy with it just like that! :)

Andrew.

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:20 pm

:shock: eeek i better keep this in mind, cuz i use my remote on my car... and no one get any funny ideas on stealing things outta my car lmao jk :P but seriously i do use my remote...

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:51 pm

(((((((((((((((( Andrew )))))))))))))))

Good seeing you! My remote is okay, but I have always locked the car by hand. Just something I have always done, guess I was ahead of the game doing that. :)

((((((((((((( Peachy )))))))))))))))))

Time to start playing it safe. Nice to have the remote, but safety first please.

Love ya both

Jeanie

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:27 pm

oh safety first is on my list of things to learn to do atm :P

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 pm

((((((((((((((( GP )))))))))))))))))

Good for you and the baby!!

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”