Warmie's thought for the day 6-16-11

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Warmie's thought for the day 6-16-11

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:27 pm

The sadness of life is this:
the emptiness that we try to fill with every conceivable trick of the mind.
But that emptiness remains.

Warmie 8)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am

Unfortunately, I very often feel like this myself. Perhaps people with depression are particularly prone to feeling like this? Clare Allan, a writer and novelist, wrote in an article about depression in the Guardian newspaper: " Depression is the gap that words cannot bridge. Depression for me is an absence - an all-consuming, gaping hole, the powerfully physical presence of permanent nothing. Depression is insatiable emptiness. Depression is not. "
I try to deal with such emptiness by trying to build what might be termed the emotional equivalent of a rope bridge from one side of the emptiness to the other. I remember a time when I was comfortable in the company of a close friend; or sitting in a favourite place having a nice meal, with the sun shining through the window as I'm reading a good book, or watching an episode of a favourite TV series, getting caught-up in the story and wondering what will happen next. For example, I watched the 2nd episode of the 10th season of Smallville on TV on Tuesday night, and really enjoyed it. And, tomorrow I'm going to see the Green Lantern film when it opens, which I'm looking forward to, as I've been a HUGE fan of the character ever since my physical growth in terms of height was roughly equivalent to the height from the ground of the leg-joint of that species of insect distinguished primarily by it's distinctive locomotive style across areas of small-leaved often-ornamental green vegetation. ( Or, " knee-high to a grasshopper ", as a non-civil servant might put it! :lol: )

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:20 pm

(((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))))))))

knee-high to a grasshopper - think that is still me.

Depression is the gap that words cannot bridge. Depression for me is an absence - an all-consuming, gaping hole, the powerfully physical presence of permanent nothing. Depression is insatiable emptiness. Depression is not. "

All I know to say is WOW and thank you. Oh and enjoy the movie, I will see it, perhaps when I can buy the DVD, but see it I will! :)

Warmie 8)

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:30 pm

((((((((tacking, warmie))))))))) sososo true. I know my depression is an emptiness ....so much loss, gone is almost all that gave life meaning and reason to go on. The only thing I hang on to is that I love my mom and owe it to her to help her out, but that doesn't ease the pain. My job, my animals, my friends, my dreams, my family, my faith in the 'system' and justice, my faith in human kind, my sense of purpose, even lost my mind for a long long time....so much loss leaving a void that I struggle to think of something, anything that might fill it and give meaning to life again, make me want to live again. Instead like ((((((tacking))))))) I just have gratitude when I find simple pleasures of moments of respite. On my better days I can try to offer support or kind words to someone else, but lately these have been far and few between. And lately what disturbs me is what seems to fill the void is an anger a rage that has no healthy outlet. I would rather face the emptiness and the sorrow than to in anger hurt someone who doesn't deserve it. I kind of lost it with a kid in the chatroom the other day, fortunately the person was there later so I said I was sorry, but still angry at myself for my lack of patience compassion and being so blunt to someone who was likely hurting because they sought out the chat. :( I don't know what I is to become of me, but I don't like the direction my feelings are going in and am at a loss as to what to do about it.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:38 pm

(((((((((((((( shatteredhopes ))))))))))))))))))

A warm hug, hope it helps a little.

Warmie

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”