So there, now you know! -- 15

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

So there, now you know! -- 15

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 pm

The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. In the Renaissance era, it was fashion to shave them off!

Warmie 8)

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Know what this reminds me of? When I was a tweener at that awkward stage I got in my head that my eyebrows were too big. I didn't know you could pluck them in shape. I stupidly took a pair of scissors to my eyebrow and ended up with a big bald chunk right in the center of one eyebrow, right before school pictures were taken. LOL I didn't know I was in good company with a da vinci painting.

((((((((warmie))))))))))

and by the way....I later learned a trick after getting my eyebrows waxed. A hot compress over the eyes works wonders for a headache.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:22 pm

((((((((((((((( shatteredhopes ))))))))))))))))

Now that is a picture I would love to see, ;).

I knew a girl that decided to use the product "Nair" on her eyebrows. I swear it took months for her eyebrows to grow back, so she penciled them in with an eyebrow pencil. She now has the eyebrows done by a beautician. LOL, can you blame her?

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 pm

I think that this is definitely an example of the male/female divide. :? In my 40+ years of life, man and boy, I don't think I've ever done anything to my eyebrows at all. As a man, I don't think that I've ever even really thought about my eyebrows at all. I've just sort of left them alone and they've left me alone. :wink:

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:32 pm

((((((((tacking))))))))) no unibrow for you then?

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:33 pm

(((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))))))

If you are happy with them, that is all that matters. Never done much with mine, they were/are 'feminine' so left them alone, a little tweezing, that's it.. Smart move on my part, LOL.

Warmie

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”