A turn for the better

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

redux

A turn for the better

Postby redux » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:42 am

I write this in case someone who feels low right now may feel better reading it.

I was depressed for long periods of time because of physical limitations and financial situations. Health issues made it hard to achieve goals, and sometimes every day was very painful. Often it seemed that life was an uphill struggle, and I should have been much further along in terms of accomplishments, compared to other people. (Plus it was difficult to keep working, and that's a big worry of course.) Being seriously depressed a certain percentage of each day became normal, with really dark thoughts at those times.

But things can always get better. I finished a project I'd been working on for a year, and the sense of accomplishment was good. After some intense stress that pressed me to the limit, my job got easier again, and that helped me feel better physically, and in turn that gives me long-term hope for my job. I also realized (again) that money isn't everything, something I believed when I was young and had forgotten somewhat. The funny thing is that depression can lead you to think philosophically about life and finally realize some things that help you. And really funny and strange things have happened to me at times, I believe God is on my side and threw me some help when I needed it the most.

So, when you're feeling bad hang in there, whether it takes a few days or few years, chances are good that something will improve. I'm sure the future holds plenty more challenging times, maybe even tomorrow, but I'm really enjoying the way things are looking up a bit at the moment!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 am

I believe that too. Thank you for your message. It was a great reminder to me today.

Return to “Your Story”