My Story of Semi-Recovery (Non-Medication)

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 am

Oh! I wanted to post that I had tried out this thing called M2 Mangosteen plus Essential Minerals from New Vision.....

& well, strangely enough, it did not give me the same/original boost I got from when I took Essential Vitamins & Essential Minerals, which came in 2 separate bottles.

I got my order in the mail today, so I will go back to using that to see how I feel.

It's amazing that products from the same company don't seem to work the same.

Even my Dad is ecstatic that the original set of vitamins are here.... :lol:

Edit: I also wanted to say that I changed my toothbrush head yesterday & boy, what a difference! A few years ago, when I noticed how depressed I was getting, I had bought myself a Sonicare toothbrush to help with my hygiene upkeep.

There is a brush head called Hydro Clean that I tried yesterday & it gives an amazing feeling to my teeth & mouth, in general. I thought that was interesting.

Edit #2: I came across something called Pretty Hands & Feet that is supposed to remove dead skin from your feet without scrubbing with a wand. I will try it out soon to see what my results are.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Okay... In a previous post, I said that the vitamins I was taking didn't seem to give me the lift as the original one, even though they were both from the same company.

All right. I went & took a look at the labels & the only thing I can see that would make a difference is the 400mg of fruit & vegetable juice blend in Essential Vitamins. M2 has in like 25 g of mangosteen something something or the other....(both New Vision products)

I also have a thought about perspiration. I am wondering if when it's too salty that that isn't an indication of something being wrong i nthe body (like with urine & diabetes)....

It is a thought I had because I was walking yesterday & a bead of sweat happened to drop in my mouth & it was... well... watery & not salty... which is a 1st for me... I did drink a bottle of water shortly before leaving the house to walk, but I've done that many times b4 in the past & my sweat was still salty... so... :?:
Last edited by crystalgaze on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 pm

I will have to figure out what I can use for this problem...

Usually gunk, for lack of a better term, builds up by my nose... I wish there were something I could just pass in the crease of my nose to get rid of it.

I don't know of any thing yet... & I usually have to rub my nose hard to remove it.... which in turn results in irritation...

aim

Postby aim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey Gaze... glad you found something to help you! I used to use all types of medicated soap when I was younger and had skin problems, but now? I still get the occasional spot, but all I use now is Dove soap. And pure alcohol as an astringent. I moisturize with Oil of Olay with sunscreen... that was a big day for me! I used to use Lubriderm moisturizer, but then realized that my skin changed as I hit my 30's and needed a bit more moisture. Ugh. :-)

Do you use anything special on your hands and feet?

aim

Postby aim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 pm

I think your sweat depends on how much water you've been drinking. If you really are concerned, see the doctor - DONT, I repeat DONT look it up on the internet, ok? Speaking as a person with pretty severe health anxiety, crippling health anxiety on some occasions, trust me when I tell you that ONLY a doctor can tell you what's going on.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks for the response aim! : )

Here's my thought for today:

Drink rose tea for a period sluggish to start?

I don't know... Mine was coming but wouldn't come & when I drank a lil cup of it, it came about an hour afterward... It was really odd.

I can't be sure...

aim

Postby aim » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm

The question is... coincidence or remedy? Or... maybe you were just relaxed enough after your tea that it came. When we are stressed our monthly becomes... shy. I say though, if it works for you? More power to you!!!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 am

I came across a website and wanted to share it.

http://atlanticjourneytowellness.org/index.html

I thought she was inspirational. Her story is down the page.

Edit: Something else my mind has been wandering to is what's called mala beads (for meditation). It's not too new to me. I had gotten a few sandalwood wrist malas a few years ago.

At the moment, I am just happy to have my interest in something renewed.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:09 am

((((((((((((((( crystalgaze )))))))))))))))))

A Japa mala or mala (Sanskrit:माला; mālā, meaning garland[1]) is a set of beads commonly used by Hindus and Buddhists, usually made from 108 beads, though other numbers, usually divisible by 9, are also used. Malas are used for keeping count while reciting, chanting, or mentally repeating a mantra or the name or names of a deity. This practice is known in Sanskrit as japa.

Japa Mala Beads

A Mala is a string of beads used to count mantras (Sanskrit prayers) in sets of 27, 56 or 108 repetitions.
The large meru (mountain) bead provides a starting and ending point on the mala for counting the repetitions. Mala beads are an ancient tool that was developed to keep the mind focused on the practice of meditation. Mala beads are seen in other cultures and religions and are also known as prayer beads, rosary beads and worry beads. Mala beads are typically made out of different materials, and the properties of the beads are said to have specific energetic effects.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:25 am

I have been thinking about something....

For depression? Going to the beach/pool or doing aqua aerobics/aqua exercises/swimming (is that it's called?)

I wonder about this because I remember I went to the beach a few times this year and I always felt better.... Tired, but better...

I'm not a good swimmer.... Honestly, it's been so long ago that I don't remember how and even when I did, I still wasn't that good.

So... When I go to the beach, I just go in the water and get bounced around by the waves. :lol: Maybe it's the act of being bounced around?

Absolutely random thought on my part.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 am

(((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))

For me there seems to be such a calming effect with the sounds and sights of an ocean. One of God's great creations. If that helps you, then by all means, if you can, go and enjoy!

:)

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:22 pm

I started my internal cleanse a few days ago.

This was one of the things I had had as my ultimate last ditch effort for feeling better.

I am happy to say that it's been so far so good--actually feeling pretty good. Today is Day 3, and I have finally taken everything in the proper order. I actually didn't want to be in bed for once. :lol:

Admittedly, I think I was a bit frightened to start for fear of harm, but what I am using does not induce diarrhea or anything like that. Maybe I have just a bit of gas, but it it slight and could be, due to the fact that I am eating less meals per day and even a bit healthier--more salad and less rice/pasta/etc.

In utter desperation many months ago, I purchased Dr. Flora's kit. At this point, I do not regret it.

Also, I found out about these smoothie drinks from Bolthouse. They are about $5/bottle, but I drink only about one or 2 cups per day and drink water or this cranberry concentrate juice I mix by adding **lots** of water to it. A little bottle can make me like 4 Gallons, especially since I don't want it too tart.... Then, I may mix in some grape juice, or black cherry concentrate juice or pomegranate juice....

Edit: I forgot to say that I think cleanses may have perhaps come a bit of a long way.

The fear I had originally came from what I know as a purge, which is using the sap from the aloe plant. It is quite harsh. With that said, I believe that cleansing can be of two types. Are you ready for this??

The adjectives I will use are antiquated and modern day.

The modern day cleanse will be something similar to Dr. Flora's (not because I am a fan). Dr. Flora's has a few steps to it: first the cleanse where the cleanse powder and cleanse support tablets (to remove heavy metals, etc.) are used and then something to help with parasite removal and finally something to rebuild the immune system (probiotics).

If my memory is correct, the parasite removal/defense and the probiotics are taken at the same time.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:36 pm

I've done fasting, but have never heard of this "cleansing". Please tell more.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:02 pm

(((((((((((((( crystalgaze )))))))))))))))))

I have talked with my doctor about the cleansing and he advised me not to do that. For the cleansing will also remove the meds I take, the thyroid, heart, diabetes. Just thought I would let you know what I was told. Or am I getting things mixed up, if so sorry.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:45 am

[size= x-large]A cleanse and a fast strikes me as two different things, but I believe both can achieve a similar goal, which is a detoxification of the body.

When I was growing up, my mom would give me "aloes". It was never used straight--like when you remove it from the plant. It is very bitter, so it was usually mixed with orange juice or so.

My mom's grandmother who lived till about 90/93 would always give her a purge every weekend.

Right now, I do not take any medicine, so I do have to worry about the part about it absorbing the medicine. In my case, since I was taking medicine years ago that I am not entirely sure is out of my system yet, I actually do want the cleanse to get rid of it, if possible.

Also, the ultimate reason I would try to lose weight is that I don't know if the medicine or even fat soluble vitamins are stored in my excess fat and is being toxic to me.

Okay, I will talk about Dr. Flora's since I am using it. When you get the kit, it comes with instructions, which came on a green paper, and in it, it says:

Do not take DrFloras Colon Cleanse within 3 hours of taking any medication or supplements as the cleanse formula may absorb some of the medication.

I can still take my vitamins in the morning, like I have done in the past and not have to worry about the cleanse absorbing it totally because:

On the label for the cleanse powder itself, it says--

For best results, take 1 shake right before bed.
Always take the shake at least 1 hour before or after a meal.

What I took into consideration also were the ingredients and I didn't see anything that would sound off alarm bells. If it is taken before bed, there are at least 6 to 8 hours for it to work.

If you take medicine at night, then yes, I would say that there would be some cause for concern about medicine absorption.

One of the reasons I considered DrFloras is that it is more organized than if I were to detox on my own.

Another place I saw talk about detoxing came from Anne Louise Gittelman, who is known for Fat Flush. I've not read her book or tried her system/approach, so I can't say anything about it.

Finally, a site where I heard about the vitamins/minerals supplement I take currently also talked about detoxing at length. Here are a few web site links, all found under the section called Health Basics/Basics of Health, that can serve as food for thought:

http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/Basi ... tricks.htm

http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/Basi ... enemas.htm

http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/Basi ... t_tips.htm

Eventually, I would want to try out what's on the site, but when I am more organized. I was eager to jump start a detox of some sort, since I can't remember when last I had done one.

Still so far so good. I'll see if I'll be saying/thinking that in the next few days. [/size]

Return to “Your Story”