Confused Woman

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BabyDino34_

Confused Woman

Postby BabyDino34_ » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:20 am

How did I end up here?

Hey, I'm a woman in my mid 30's. I have Cerebral Palsy, Diabetes & PCOS, Anxiety & Depression.

I lost my grandfather back in 2008 to cancer, on the day I was due to visit him again I woke up to a message to say that he had passed away - at that time I was able to work and was working in a club. My plan after finishing work at 5am was to get up and go to the afternoon visitation before another shift. I was too late.

Fast forward 4 years and my father took his own life, I found out 6 hours later by the local police officers, I was unaware that he was even struggling.

At the time I just kept going not really dealing with my feelings and carried on in a relationship that I wasn't happy in because it felt the right thing to do, then in 2015 I got married to my now EX wife, we were married 3 years and as soon as she got that ring on my finger it felt like she controlled everything which she did, money, plans, I couldn't see my family without her there. I knew the end of 2017 that things felt wrong and then in 2018 we went on a make or break holiday and it broke us even more, I told her there and then in another country we was over but she threatened the dog we had and that was when I found out the house she bought from my family when we where married I had no standing in so if I left I would truly be without everything. I stayed because I felt trapped. Unit June that year and then I ended it. I carried on living there until January 2019 when the council rehoused me.

Now in 2022 I am happily living with my best friend and fiancee, someone that I have known over 12 years, been together since 2019 and got engaged a few months ago.

Return to “Your Story”