depression and anxiety after divorce

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Omill2655

depression and anxiety after divorce

Postby Omill2655 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:09 am

For the past 14 years I have had bipolar 1 disorder which with medication has been well managed. I met the love of my life and we got married very quickly m. We were married for about 3 years when suddenly she said she fell out of love with me and had interest in someone else. Within days she came packed up her stuff and moved in with this other person. I was completely destroyed at this point but for some reason always had hope that somehow she would change her mind. About one month later she said she wanted a divorce, I reluctantly agreed she at least didn’t take anything from me and the divorce didn’t cost me anything. However I know the person she left for is a multimillionaire so she is just likely using him for the money anyways. Ever since then my depression has gotten so much worse I can’t manage to eat I’ve lost 30-40 pounds in the span of a few months I either over or under sleep severely I would consistently fall asleep at work and just got fired because of it. after our divorce was finalized I found out less than 2 months later she is engaged with someone else. This made it so much worse for me like our marriage meant nothing to her since I found this out my depression seems to be getting worse by the day I just start crying out of nowhere I don’t know what to do with myself. I don’t enjoy doing anything anymore and feel like I’m really spiraling out of control. My doctor had given me a low dose of Zoloft which I haven’t noticed any help from. I don’t know how to feel better. I have regular counseling which has given me no benefit.

MagisterLudi

Re: depression and anxiety after divorce

Postby MagisterLudi » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:53 pm

I'm sorry you are going through this. Our stories are different, but I am going through a divorce right now, and it is by far the most painful thing I have gone through. And I've gone through a few things. You're not alone, brother. Not sure that helps (in fact, it probably does not). But at this point, I don't have a whole lot to offer.

tkitna

Re: depression and anxiety after divorce

Postby tkitna » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:26 pm

I was married for 30 years, two kids and a granddaughter. She started cheating on me for 6 months with the most vile and hated person in town. I tried everything to save the marriage but had to end it because she was never going to stop. The last straw was when I caught her on our daughters birthday. She moved in with him that night. I loved her with all my heart and would have done anything for her. Now our son wont talk to her and wont let her near her granddaughter. My daughter is very religious and tried to reach her because she believes she is going to hell, but even she quit after awhile. The ex washed her hands of her kids and wants no responsibility towards them. Of course she almost ruined me financially in the divorce (lets face it, the woman always win in the divorce no matter what). Anyways the divorce was final a month ago. She has been moved out for over a year and i'm still a mess. I've gone about everything all wrong though. I practically live at the bar on my days off because I like to be around people and theres nothing else to do in my small town. I'm fighting with depression and cant figure out how to move forward. It was the worst pain anybody could ever feel. I feel like such and failure and I dont know if I still love her or hate her more than anything. I just know she still lives in my head every second of every day and i'm tired of it. I dont know how to fix it, but if somebody finds the answer, please let me know.

Return to “Your Story”