My dad

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

bunnie04

My dad

Postby bunnie04 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:55 pm

My dad died two days ago.

I don't know what to do. I feel like time is going by too slow but also going by too fast now that he's gone. Everywhere I go I see him, and I hate being home because I keep on expecting him to come back. I can't look at my uncles for too long because they all look like him. Half of my world is gone and I feel so empty.

I've always had bad anxiety, but nothing I thought I couldn't handle. But this. This I don't know how I'm supposed to continue and be happy without him. I sleep with my mom now, and every night she's cries because she just lost the love of her life. My brother is quiet, and I want to out a smile on his face but I don't know how. My sister has her anchor that comes in the form of my nephew, her son, but I can tell she's barely holding on because she lost one of her other sisters close to a year ago. Someone please help me, for I don't know if I can help myself anymore.

Trucker911

Re: My dad

Postby Trucker911 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:36 am

Hello bunnie04,

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I wish I had some magic words that could make things all better for you, but they don't exist. Your life is now forever changed, but that doesn't mean it is worse now, even if that is how it feels. It will take time to get through the grieving process, and there will be many tears.

Without knowing anything about your family, and your dad, it's hard for me to respond. I just hope that you are able to come together as a family, and provide strength for each other in this sad time. As for your uncles, it may be a good thing that that look like your dad, and you can know that his legacy will live on.

It's not much to offer, but know that I, and many others here, are wishing the best for you and your family, and our hopes are for you to carry on with strength, and love.

Blessings to you all...

Return to “Your Story”