Women being horrible about my weightloss

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

useranonymous

Women being horrible about my weightloss

Postby useranonymous » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:44 am

Hi all. So I've just lost 3 stone. I'm 5 ft 10 so I'm tall but in no way do I look anorexic. I just look slimmer from when I was 16 stone. At Christmas I'd really overindulged and gone up to 16 stone. I felt terrible and exhausted and hated my appearance every day do I decided to do something about it. I set a goal and 8 months later I reached it. I'm now 13 stone and feel the best I've felt in a long time. The doctor knew about my my intention for Weighht loss and he discussed with me a suitable goal for my BMI, which we both agreed on 13 stone. He is very pleased with my progress, in fact the only one who has been supportive.

My female friends have started looking at me and saying oh don't lose anymore! And when I point out I'm not, they just simply say well don't lose anymore because you look too skinny now. Or they say don't lose anymore your face is looking ill now. One of them even asked why did I actually lose weight. None of them have said anything nice. Even if i did lose let's say just half a stone more why is it any of their business anyway. If I looked too skinny my doctor would have said. And according to a healthy weight for my BMI I should be 12 stone, however I disagreed with it, so I know when my weightloss could go too far, so I don't need my friends telling me not to lose too much.

So I'm meant to be feeling better about myself but instead I'm sat here crying now feeling like my friends don't like me anymore just because I made an effort to lose weight and get healthier. I only tolerate them for the sake of my 3 year old who is friends with their kids at preschool but I honestly just want to tell them to f*ck off when they feel they can keep telling weight loss advice. Why do I deserve to be sat here feeling like shit because they don't like my healthy change? Bear in mind they are not all the slimmest.

lune

Re: Women being horrible about my weightloss

Postby lune » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:53 pm

Have experienced worst than this but more of this will lead to your demise if i were u i would switch schools and start off new from there your body your choice after all

Return to “Your Story”