Scared of getting thrown away again

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Leasy

Scared of getting thrown away again

Postby Leasy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:29 pm

Last week I admitted to my husband that my depression was so bad that I had thought about ending it all. Next thing I knew I was in the E R and being told I was being involuntarily committed and I was taken away in a paddy wagon to a hospital 2 hours away from my home.I cried the entire time I was there. It was awful. I’m home now, the depression/ anxiety is still here but I can’t get my hubby to understand what all depression entails. He thinks it’s just things I just don’t want to do.

jessica james

Re: Scared of getting thrown away again

Postby jessica james » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:28 pm

This depression will take you nowhere but darkness and solitude. Going to ER means it's kind of severe or chronic. Are you taking any meds? If yes are they working? If medication is not working please try alternative coping mechanisms, they literally help. I have a history of depression and anxiety. I used to take Lexapro and Wellbutrin, later I shifted to Xanax as well. I started alternated therapies along with my medication and slowly skipped my medications. It has literally helped me. Exercise, yoga, walk, art, talking to someone, music therapy almost everything has helped me.

Brennen_Green20

Re: Scared of getting thrown away again

Postby Brennen_Green20 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Hey Leasy, hope things worked out for you and you took up therapy or medication for your husband. I can't relate to how one can think depression is nothing in this day and age. Nevermind, you get treatment and take your husband with you to the therapy session. Things might change when he hears from multiple health professionals how you need help.
Take him to every hospital with you. Some doctor might knock some sense into him.

Return to “Your Story”