Can't do anything right

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

useranonymous

Can't do anything right

Postby useranonymous » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:52 am

My daughter's tantrums are really getting to me now :cry: in trying my best with the discipline but it just feels like she hates me. She seems to love daddy more , maybe because he's away alot. I feel I'm failing as a mother. She's just turned 2. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself but other mums always look like they know what they are doing and I just feel incapable when my daughter is having a public meltdown when she won't walk home from around the corner or I've told her 'no'. Daddy's not here alot due to work so I feel he has a better relationship with her as he's not here telling her no . It breaks my heart when she lets him pick her up and not me. I feel like a screw up

Prycejosh1987

Re: Can't do anything right

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:16 am

useranonymous wrote:My daughter's tantrums are really getting to me now :cry: in trying my best with the discipline but it just feels like she hates me. She seems to love daddy more , maybe because he's away alot. I feel I'm failing as a mother. She's just turned 2. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself but other mums always look like they know what they are doing and I just feel incapable when my daughter is having a public meltdown when she won't walk home from around the corner or I've told her 'no'. Daddy's not here alot due to work so I feel he has a better relationship with her as he's not here telling her no . It breaks my heart when she lets him pick her up and not me. I feel like a screw up

Try using more subtle tactics. There is a reason why your daughter is throwing tantrums. You have to talk to her about it, and go on the journey of discovery.

useranonymous

Re: Can't do anything right

Postby useranonymous » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:56 am

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. :D hope your doing ok today :D x

Return to “Your Story”