Quit antidepressants cold turkey

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Imagine44

Quit antidepressants cold turkey

Postby Imagine44 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:36 pm

Hey guys,

I recently quit taking wellburtion (300mg), lexapro
(20mg) birth control, and blood pressure medicine cold turkey about 2 and a half weeks ago.when I first stopped taking them, I was sleepy and got bad headaches and also felt nauseous - I was okay at first besides what I just listed. Now I feel irritated about everything and want to scream my head off in rage. And just can’t stand being in this skin. But it’s the littlest annoyances that set me off like someone opening and closing my office door just to talk to me, my dogs barking, my husband checking in to see how I’m doing. And then I just want to cry and scream. I do not understand these feelings. Someone turns on the lights, My eyes hurt and I get a headache, super sensitive to noise too. Can I still be having withdrawals? What the hell is wrong with me? I was never this way on meds and I know I was never this way before I started them. I want to cry and I really just rather die than feel this way.

Princess Ninja

Re: Quit antidepressants cold turkey

Postby Princess Ninja » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:09 pm

It's not right to suddenly stop taking medication. You should drop the dose under the doctor's supervision.

useranonymous

Re: Quit antidepressants cold turkey

Postby useranonymous » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:23 am

Why did you want to stop taking them?

Return to “Your Story”