New member. Need advice. Self medicating

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Lavender0809

New member. Need advice. Self medicating

Postby Lavender0809 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:00 am

Hi everyone,

First ever post. I am so worried for myself, l have been taking Xanax tablets on and off for the past 3.5 years.

Last week I attempted to go off them cold turkey and I had severe pain ( think it was withdrawals) obviously I know now this was a stupid decision.

It’s not even my prescription. It’s a family members who doesn’t even need/ use them.

I wasn’t even taking that much of a high dose. Thankfully.

My own doctor doesn’t even know I’ve been taking these tablets ( I am on no medication from my doctor, but am planning on going to him next week)

I have had huge anxiety since I was 14. I’m now 28.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks so much

Prycejosh1987

Re: New member. Need advice. Self medicating

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 am

Lavender0809 wrote:Hi everyone,

First ever post. I am so worried for myself, l have been taking Xanax tablets on and off for the past 3.5 years.

Last week I attempted to go off them cold turkey and I had severe pain ( think it was withdrawals) obviously I know now this was a stupid decision.

It’s not even my prescription. It’s a family members who doesn’t even need/ use them.

I wasn’t even taking that much of a high dose. Thankfully.

My own doctor doesn’t even know I’ve been taking these tablets ( I am on no medication from my doctor, but am planning on going to him next week)

I have had huge anxiety since I was 14. I’m now 28.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks so much

Dont do something like that again. Its very dangerous and you could of had more side effects from it. You could even die taking other peoples medication. Always refer yourself to doctor and get them to give you the medication. See a therapist about your anxiety.

Return to “Your Story”