Hurting relationship

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Asdf

Hurting relationship

Postby Asdf » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:46 pm

I used to be the happiest person in the world no matter what I was happy. Then on my 19th birthday both of my grandparents passed away. It’s been downhill since then. I get angry over nothing and I’ve tried everything I can’t stop it. My boyfriend hates this and is constantly yelling at me for being upset so much. Today we got into a fight and then I came home and couldn’t help but cry and cry. When he pressed and pressed I said I wanted to go home (we are college students who live together in an apartment at school) he stopped talking and when he finally did he said it pissed him off and threw something at the wall full force. I don’t know what to do. I just want to be my old self but I just can’t.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Hurting relationship

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:01 pm

Asdf wrote:I used to be the happiest person in the world no matter what I was happy. Then on my 19th birthday both of my grandparents passed away. It’s been downhill since then. I get angry over nothing and I’ve tried everything I can’t stop it. My boyfriend hates this and is constantly yelling at me for being upset so much. Today we got into a fight and then I came home and couldn’t help but cry and cry. When he pressed and pressed I said I wanted to go home (we are college students who live together in an apartment at school) he stopped talking and when he finally did he said it pissed him off and threw something at the wall full force. I don’t know what to do. I just want to be my old self but I just can’t.

Dont let your bad times affect your emotions because it can work against you when it comes to relationships. Getting angry at someone that cares about you is not recommended. I can understand your frustration but instead of getting angry at your boyfriend. Get angry at the situation and refuse to let it put you down and affect your life. Your grandparents died, there is nothing (good or bad) you can do to bring them back. You need to respect them pay you can pay tribute to them by going to the graveside to remember them etc but Leave them as a memory and just remember good times. Take their advice that they would of given to you. Hold on to good times but dont let their deaths affect your emotions.

Return to “Your Story”