Alcoholism

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

jicabob

Alcoholism

Postby jicabob » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:26 pm

Hello my name is Jacob im 30 years old with 2 boys. I have been drinking since i was 19 at first it was a party thing drank on the weekends then the hangover drank a beer to feel better caught a buzz then said screw it im gunna get shit faced. Now here i am 30 yrs old drink for like 2 weeks straight act stupid fight get angry or just flat out cry all day. Every single job ive had lost it due to drinking. Been to jail over 15 times due to drinking. My wife left me due to drinking. lost my sons mother due to drinking now my gf is on the verge of leaving me due to drinking. I would like to get some steps on learning how to beat this demon im tired of it.. Thank You..

JaneUthought

Re: Alcoholism

Postby JaneUthought » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:01 am

hi Jacob,

u need to find a fd or a sponsor to help you get through it. coz u cant fight the battle alone.

its sad to hear your story but its a good start for you to make a change. my situation was not that worse but i have been drinking for 8 years and i tried to stay away from alcohol from time to time (even though i fail). i was diagnosed of depression and anxiety. my dr. advised me not to drink anymore but i cldnt leave the alcohol temptation. but now i can control trying not to get wasted. tell everyone you are working on it that ask them not to ask you out to drink anymore. u need to stay away from any places with alcohol even restaurants. tell your gf and show her your determination, ask for her help. there might be physical discomfort when u first start. but everything will be okay.

Dont lose hope. Dont give in.

Trust yourself that you can beat it.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Alcoholism

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:40 pm

jicabob wrote:Hello my name is Jacob im 30 years old with 2 boys. I have been drinking since i was 19 at first it was a party thing drank on the weekends then the hangover drank a beer to feel better caught a buzz then said screw it im gunna get shit faced. Now here i am 30 yrs old drink for like 2 weeks straight act stupid fight get angry or just flat out cry all day. Every single job ive had lost it due to drinking. Been to jail over 15 times due to drinking. My wife left me due to drinking. lost my sons mother due to drinking now my gf is on the verge of leaving me due to drinking. I would like to get some steps on learning how to beat this demon im tired of it.. Thank You..

Its funny you call it a demon. Drinking can be overcome if you force yourself to overcome it. Its good that you see it as a problem, that is the first sign of recovery, You could try church or rehab. Force yourself to drink less. You have to pay for drinks which is a plus because you cant buy drinks if you dont have the money. Alcohol can be overcome. Half your drinking each day and than take baby steps. You will most likely still drink but it will be much safer and you will drink less.

Return to “Your Story”