Alone and Scared

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Kay20

Alone and Scared

Postby Kay20 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Hey
I'm new this kind of platforum, I have no idea how everything works yet, I'll really appreciate help now and then with navigating this site.

A little about myself; I'm a dude who use been with depression for 5 years, for the last few months I was doing well for abit, I didn't feel dread, saddness, guilty, regret, anger or self hate weighing down on me. I felt like I could breathe for the first time in years, I could share a meaningful smile and have a good nights rest... but don't get me wrong, even though the pressure subsided, I still felt it all but managed to keep my head above the water with help from a few 'herbs'. But lately it's all coming back and now the feeling of loneliness has become worse. I have people in my life that I hangout with but, they are all busy and everyone has alot going on so we haven't found the time to get together or group chat. Spending time with people does help with the loneliness but I'm always putting on act when we get together and they don't really know how to deal with me and I feel guilty for making things awkward and inconvincing them. I'm just scared that this loneliness will be another trigger that will destroy all the work I put in to get to this point of choosing life and I don't know if I can handle going back to when I was at my worse. I'M SO TERRIFIED. I tried meeting new people, which I'm not really good at, but it never works out and honestly they is slowing taking away the little bit of confidence I've managed to build and it really hurts.

laurenipsum

Re: Alone and Scared

Postby laurenipsum » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi Kay20, how are things now? Have they gotten any better? All I can say is to try not to isolate yourself. Try to reach out and see old friends and make new friends. I know it's hard and feels fake. Chat with me here if you want.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Alone and Scared

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Kay20 wrote:Hey
I'm new this kind of platforum, I have no idea how everything works yet, I'll really appreciate help now and then with navigating this site.

A little about myself; I'm a dude who use been with depression for 5 years, for the last few months I was doing well for abit, I didn't feel dread, saddness, guilty, regret, anger or self hate weighing down on me. I felt like I could breathe for the first time in years, I could share a meaningful smile and have a good nights rest... but don't get me wrong, even though the pressure subsided, I still felt it all but managed to keep my head above the water with help from a few 'herbs'. But lately it's all coming back and now the feeling of loneliness has become worse. I have people in my life that I hangout with but, they are all busy and everyone has alot going on so we haven't found the time to get together or group chat. Spending time with people does help with the loneliness but I'm always putting on act when we get together and they don't really know how to deal with me and I feel guilty for making things awkward and inconvincing them. I'm just scared that this loneliness will be another trigger that will destroy all the work I put in to get to this point of choosing life and I don't know if I can handle going back to when I was at my worse. I'M SO TERRIFIED. I tried meeting new people, which I'm not really good at, but it never works out and honestly they is slowing taking away the little bit of confidence I've managed to build and it really hurts.

You need to deal with your insecurities, its having an effect on your relationships. Call people using your phone and join a social networking website and a dating website. You need to have conversations with different people to build up your self confidence and lower your insecurities.

Return to “Your Story”