Getting Rid of the Worry.

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

NothingButAnxiety

Getting Rid of the Worry.

Postby NothingButAnxiety » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:27 pm

I feel invisible. Alone when I’m surrounded by people. I just have this huge void and ache I always have. I’m miserable and I tired that’s just how I always will be. So I started focusing on others and making sure they’re happy and healthy. I knew there was no hope for me. “Maybe that’s why I’m here. Maybe I am not meant to be happy. Maybe my purpose is making sure everyone else is okay” that’s what I started thinking to myself. So I started living for everyone else and their happiness. Making sure I was the shoulder to cry on. I was the reminder, if they forgot how great they are. I did it for my little sisters. I made sure they were studying and knew about all the possibilities in life. I made sure my mom was okay. Just wanting everyone to be happy.

I never really stopped trying for myself though. I went to college, took of a few years off because of money. but made sure I graduated because I just KNEW my career was what I wanted. It’s all I ever talked about ever since I was little this has been my one dream. I finally graduated and applied and applied and applied to every job I could think of. It was just rejection after rejection. My mom tried to be my shoulder but she just didn’t understand “don’t give up” she always said. But she doesn’t understand how it feels to have never wanted anything but this one thing. All I ever talked about was graduating college and becoming successful. But I went back to my thoughts that maybe God doesn’t want me to have this, maybe I’m supposed to be making everyone else happy not me.

So I went back to making sure everyone was okay. Then my little sister turned 18 and started living her own life totally different than me and what I do. Then my other sister turned 13 and broke away from me to do her teenage thing. Then my mom started smoking cigarettes and telling me to let her live her life how she wants to. To stop nagging at her. I just want everyone to be okay. I’m always alone and I always feel alone. But I just want my family to be okay and healthy and here. Even though I feel alone I’m always worried that I’ll lose them and then I’ll be actually alone.

I have no one to live through. I have no one to take care of, everyone is doing their own thing worried about themselves. The void in me is deep I just don’t understand what I’m doing anymore. I never stopped applying for my “dream job” the rejections still hurt. I finally got an interview out of state. I’m just worried that if I get it something bad will happy. My family will fall apart. My mom will get sick or something else horrible will happen

I don’t even know where to start when it comes to me and my own life. I’ve never had one. I’ve always been sad and alone. I just don’t know where to start.

athena.vhd

Re: Getting Rid of the Worry.

Postby athena.vhd » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:36 am

first i appreciate u cuz we cant see ppl like u in this world( which most of ppl are thinking about themselves not others.)
i know many ppl who even dont know where their family live!
i think this is God's precious gift. this kind of ppl always change others life maybe u dont understand how effective u were but i bet.
u said u are supposed to make others happy not urself(!!)
i dont think so...u can do whatever makes u happy and feel happy! this is so simple sometimes we just wanna make things complicated.
i dont know what u are interested in but it seems that everyone can find some things which change their mood.
talk with ur family again and tell them u want their lives to be happier and healthier and if they dont want to change u dont have to make them do sth u just have to try ur best and they are who have to decide for themselves.
for now u have to do sth to feel better in ur life and dont get upset about rejections we all fail sometimes.
if u dont fail n ur life it seems u are not in a right way just keep going and i hope u will find a proper job.
thank u for sharing this.
good luck.

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:26 am

I thought I would have depression for life. For over ten years, I tried to overcome it to no avail. So, like you, I figured that I would always have depression and be miserable, so I stopped trying to overcome it. Ironically, this was what set the stage to overcome depression.

I’m not sure why this helped--possibly because I gave myself permission to accept that I was going to be special and unique. It also enabled me to focus on living my life instead wasting my energy and time fighting depression. It was this change in perspective and focus that released me from depression. It removed the power depression had over me and put me in the drivers seat of my own life.

So there is always hope. Depression need not be a life sentence.

I think it’s actually a good thing that you are focusing on other people. After all, life is bigger than ourselves. We live in a world where we put ourselves first. Our needs and wants become more important than other people’s needs and wants.

Enriching other people’s lives is actually a natural tendency of humans—it is how God created us.

If you truly want to help people and improve their quality of life, consider helping those who really need the help, such as those people with special needs, the oldies, or even volunteer at an animal shelter. It is truly rewarding.

What I also learned along the way (especially from studying naturopathy and the Bible) is that life is much more enjoyable and less stressful when we live according to how we were created and how we are designed, rather than opposing it. Thus, exercise regularly, eat what the body is designed to eat (nutritious foods), socialize, get adequate sleep, keep our minds stimulated, take care of our spiritual needs, and take care of each other.

God created us to be caretakers of our planet, the animals, and its inhabitants. When we do these things, our lives become more meaningful and fulfilling. Our lives have purpose.

You may also feel less alone when you do dedicate yourself to make a difference in other people’s lives and the world we live in.

I think you are on the right track with making a difference to other people’s lives. It is a great quality to have—a quality that can be quite rare in a world ruled by Satan.

LiveLaughLove2018

Postby LiveLaughLove2018 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:35 pm

First of all I want to say thank you for sharing and reaching out here. You are important, special and have value. Often we are told something or believe something about ourselves that is not true and we hold on to that false belief about ourselves. God loves all His creation and children. He designed each of us uniquely and wonderfully made. We need to care for ourselves. We forget that and become too critical and judgemental of of ourselves. We can't really be good for others if we don't care for ourselves. Have you ever been to counseling? It may be a good place for you to start. We usually have something we are holding on to that is not true about ourselves and we need to learn to let go of that. Through talking we can decipher what that is and begin to heal. I also would recommend trying some self-positive talk. I have two methods that I do that really work for me when I am struggling.

One is deep conscious breathing. I call it the 557 breathing. Breath in through your nose for the count of 5 breathing in all the good things you want in life, hold for count of 5 and exhaling through your mouth for the count of 7 letting go of any thoughts or hurts that are affecting you. Do this sequence 10 times or for about 2 min. You will be amazed at how relaxed and at peace you feel after the breathing sequence. The other one is called Emotional Freedom Tapping. This method helps incorporate positive self-talk with acupressure points. Here is a link to show you the points. . https://bit.ly/2m1cegn

Find something encouraging to say to yourself like I am important, I am self-assured, I am special, I have value - then tap on the points. You do this on both sides of the body. You will be amazed at how self-empowered you feel after this exercise. Doing these in replacement to negative thoughts about yourself helps establish new healthy ways of thinking. I will be praying for you. God is your strength. I know you can start loving yourself. You are special! God bless! Hugs!

LiveLaughLove2018

Postby LiveLaughLove2018 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 pm

I wanted to see how you are feeling this week and share an article I just came across that I thought might be helpful. https://bit.ly/2pb5jTm

My prayers continue to be with you. God Bless!

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:47 pm

NothingButAnxiety wrote:I feel invisible. Alone when I’m surrounded by people. I just have this huge void and ache I always have. I’m miserable and I tired that’s just how I always will be. So I started focusing on others and making sure they’re happy and healthy. I knew there was no hope for me. “Maybe that’s why I’m here. Maybe I am not meant to be happy. Maybe my purpose is making sure everyone else is okay” that’s what I started thinking to myself. So I started living for everyone else and their happiness. Making sure I was the shoulder to cry on. I was the reminder, if they forgot how great they are. I did it for my little sisters. I made sure they were studying and knew about all the possibilities in life. I made sure my mom was okay. Just wanting everyone to be happy.

I never really stopped trying for myself though. I went to college, took of a few years off because of money. but made sure I graduated because I just KNEW my career was what I wanted. It’s all I ever talked about ever since I was little this has been my one dream. I finally graduated and applied and applied and applied to every job I could think of. It was just rejection after rejection. My mom tried to be my shoulder but she just didn’t understand “don’t give up” she always said. But she doesn’t understand how it feels to have never wanted anything but this one thing. All I ever talked about was graduating college and becoming successful. But I went back to my thoughts that maybe God doesn’t want me to have this, maybe I’m supposed to be making everyone else happy not me.

So I went back to making sure everyone was okay. Then my little sister turned 18 and started living her own life totally different than me and what I do. Then my other sister turned 13 and broke away from me to do her teenage thing. Then my mom started smoking cigarettes and telling me to let her live her life how she wants to. To stop nagging at her. I just want everyone to be okay. I’m always alone and I always feel alone. But I just want my family to be okay and healthy and here. Even though I feel alone I’m always worried that I’ll lose them and then I’ll be actually alone.

I have no one to live through. I have no one to take care of, everyone is doing their own thing worried about themselves. The void in me is deep I just don’t understand what I’m doing anymore. I never stopped applying for my “dream job” the rejections still hurt. I finally got an interview out of state. I’m just worried that if I get it something bad will happy. My family will fall apart. My mom will get sick or something else horrible will happen

I don’t even know where to start when it comes to me and my own life. I’ve never had one. I’ve always been sad and alone. I just don’t know where to start.

You are not alone, i am here with you, is what Michael Jackson sings. It is true. God is there listening to you but he only acts when you react and demand results. You need to do the works, and get back up when your put down. No human being ever, past, presently, and in the future lives or will live a purely good life free from negative situations and thoughts. The true power of faith is self belief, and believing you can overcome situations and also please god. Be detrmined when your applying for jobs and you hear the rejection. Be more aggressive next time. (i do not mean in voice, but dont let the sun go down without calling the jobs, and make sure you take every opportunity that comes your way) You might need to accept a trainee position first or work your way up into your dream job. But i do believe that anything is possible.

Peanut buttercup

Postby Peanut buttercup » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:57 am

I have been feeling that way for years and I'm still trying to figure out how to do things for myself and not feeling guilty. With caring for everyone around me I put that energy into caring about how can I make someone smile or make their day with making them laugh. It might be the bare minimum but, I shoot to be that kind person who can help make or teach them something they didn't know and by projecting my voice and character stand tall. Take pride of yourself and your things, accept you do have to do somethings for yourself but never feel too proud to expect to know and guess. You should be living the golden rule. Instead fighting negatives against each other think about the possibility that they are having a bad day, are just rude or something to upset them to where they are lashing out. Care about not individuals but care about the people who are trying to do the right thing to try and help when you can but don't let anyone bad attitude change your mind to help and care for the others who you can make smile, laugh, or just help.

Return to “Your Story”