My story.

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

DemonPawz

My story.

Postby DemonPawz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Hello! I am new here. I wanted to share my story of how I got depressed (or learned I was) and how I got here!

So, it actually started when I was 9. Possible 8. I started to feel sad, so I got a game called Roblox and talked to people. They were depressed, too. Or I thought they were. Still don’t know. Eventually my mom found out and took away the games, which was actually for the best, but only hurt younger me further. A few days after that, a dog of mine, which was my best friend, died of cancer, and that was the first time I just felt empty. After that, I started to get more depressed, and started hating myself way more. What’s worse is that my grandma is mentally abusive, so I started spiraling down into this hole. I started to see myself as fat, and ugly, so I started to close myself off from others. A few years after, and I started to use subliminals to try to get skinnier in time for school, however it didn’t work out for me so I tried to starve myself. Of course, that didn’t work out either (because of parents, and don’t get me wrong I love them very much) so I just lived with it. I’m older now, and I am getting suicidal thoughts, and I have been thinking of self harm. So now I’m here. Hopefully I didn’t make a fool of myself because i just woke up and I am extremely tired.
Well, I hope I can talk to someone, and I hope I can also help people!

AmandaNoh

Re: My story.

Postby AmandaNoh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:18 am

Hi DemonPawz

Just to make you feel better, I'm fat and ugly too, and I totally hate it and understand your feeling. So you're not alone here. I don't know how I can help you, the best option I could give would probably be telling someone or meet professional. But if you don't think it'll work, you can talk to me and we can share anything in common with our situation. Just to remind you, you're lucky to be here and we're lucky to have you. So please continue to live. I'm rooting for you.

SuZQ154

Postby SuZQ154 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 am

So sorry you are feeling so sad. It hurts when the people who are supposed to love hurt us the most. Understanding that THEY do not understand how to love well because they were injured by their pasts sometimes helps me.

Have you consider counseling? Christian counseling helped me understand my past and move forward. I learned to believe I am lovable, enough, and treasured because of my faith in Jesus. Since I changed my thinking about myself, I was able to stop self-destructive behaviors.
There is HOPE! It takes work, perseverance, and a willingness to challenge our pasts and change. Hope this helps!

DemonPawz

Postby DemonPawz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to the people who responded. It’s nice to know that there are people out their who believe in me!

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi DemonPawz,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. This will be of value to others because it acts as a good reminder of the emotional turmoil and hardship we all face in this system of things, albeit some more than others.

Depression can very much be a lonely and isolating experience. But sharing our stories on here also acts as an important reminder that we are not alone.

I’m sure you will be a tremendous help to other people because of your experiences. You are also articulate. You have much to offer.

I look forward to reading your future posts. We would all love to hear more about you, your experiences, and even success stories or effective coping strategies that have worked for you.

SuzQ154 made a good point about “stopping self-destructive behaviors”. This is the dominate barrier that we put up ourselves, which in turn inevitably prevents us from ever healing.

Painful experiences ramps up the temptation to self-medicate and indulge in self-destructive behaviours, one after the other, and further digging a deeper hole for oneself.

It is something to mediate on if one ever has even a shimmer of hope to ever overcome depression or any other painful experience.

Thank you SuzQ154 for sharing your coping strategies and reminding us of the dangers of self-destructive behaviors, the necessity of making wiser choices, the power of faith, and the importance of perseverance.

And thank you for joining this forum, DemonPawz. You are a valued member of this community and among friends who care and believe in you 100 percent.

athena.vhd

Postby athena.vhd » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 am

hey there!
im visiting this site for a year but i wasnt really active!
i read most of the posts ...im involved with dpression since 3 years ago actually i havent done any special thing for it
i gaind 20kg...i try to do intresting thngs but nothin intrests me...
sometimes i feel that i just need someone to talk...
a stranger that i could tell her(or him) everything without fear...
i have told some of my secrets to some friends and they have told whole of them to every one...
they are talking behind my back and these wont let me get better.

DemonPawz

Postby DemonPawz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Don’t go to the guy who sent the link. People like that are fake, and disgust me. It’s probably a virus
Last edited by DemonPawz on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Sorry, the forum spam mentioned should now be deleted.

Please keep reporting inappropriate posts, it really helps us to keep the forums usable for everyone.

Thank you.

Stephen

athena.vhd

Postby athena.vhd » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm

DemonPawz wrote:Don’t go to the guy who sent the link. People like that are fake, and disgust me. It’s probably a virus

yes i see.
why they are doin this? :!: :?:

windsong

Postby windsong » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Not sure why but thanks to those that report it so that we can remove them and keep it a safe place for all. The latest should be deleted.

Return to “Your Story”