Post traumatic depression

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

fighter320

Post traumatic depression

Postby fighter320 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:22 am

"I met with an accident 3 years ago. It was a terrible accident. A truck had hit our car. I lost my son and husband in that and somehow I escaped. I escaped miraculously suffering major injuries to my thighs and shoulders. I’m coping with that and starting to move on, but the trauma from the accident has not left me. I’m constantly having nightmares and have trouble sleeping. The memory of my child and husband trouble me even in my sleep. Of course, I don’t want to forget them but it's giving me a lot of pain. The last 3 years I spend recovering from injuries. Now that I’ve recovered, I’m so hopeless about the future. I’m so afraid to travel by car or any means of transport, even staying in an enclosed space for more than a few seconds makes me feel suffocated and traumatized. I find it difficult to maintain close relationships and feel detached from family and friends. The only person I talk to nowadays is my mom and my doctor. I’m not interested in activities which I once enjoyed. Most of the time I’m locked away in my room. I feel so lost. My doctor has suggested me to go to some support groups or to seek help from a psychologist. I know there are a lot of support groups out there but I’m not ready to go there yet. I read about neurofeedback https://www.neuropotentialclinics.com/neurofeedback therapy which has helped a lot of people. Have you guys been across any neurofeedback training in Toronto? Please do let me know of the details. I hope I can recover from all the trauma.

"

Sadinatura

Re: Post traumatic depression

Postby Sadinatura » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:59 pm

I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm sorry for your loss and everything you're going through. I would love to talk with you but it's your choice if you want to. Message me if you would like to.
-Inatura.

Return to “Your Story”