Lost

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Nazz

Lost

Postby Nazz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 am

HI, I'm new here. I'm currently stuck in the fight between my parents.This isn't the first time nor is it the 10th time. This has happen so often that I couldn't ever settle down without anticipating for the fight to begin. The thing about their argument is how they always force me to take sides. My mom often says that she's enduring all this because of my education in this country since I'm not from the country and she kept telling me that if it wasn't for me, she would've gone back to her hometown. This has really add so much stress to me and the fact that this happen often is not helping. I've just broken up with my girlfriend she said I was too closed up and refuse to tell her about myself while I was just not trying to burden her like or others about my pain. Right now I feel all alone with no one to talk to. I used to be fine alone but now...I'm breaking down. I'm just lost on what I'm supposed to do now.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Lost

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear what's been happening. It can be easy for you to dwell on this all the time and try and make everyone happy when really it's never that easy.

Are your parents still together? Has this been going on for a while? I know how you feel as I was in the same situation. My parents use to always fight when I was younger. I don't know how long this has been going on for you but I know it can be stressing for you and you kind of feel it's all your fault which is not the case.

It sounds like you love your parents the same. Your not willing to take sides or agree with the other. Sounds really unfair on you. Have you spoken to another family member about this? Could they help you with this? Maybe gone you advice.

I suggest you talk to someone preferably family member who is close to your family and tell them what's going on. If they can talk to both of them on there own it may make things a bit easier and calm it down or if you feel like you have no where or no one to turn to then maybe a counsellor can help. Have any of you thought about family counselling? That might be an idea.

I'm also sorry to hear about your split. Things happen for a reason. For this to happen was out of your control. As you said you tried to hold it together and didn't wanna burdern her with your problems. It hurts now but it will take time. Your get through it but for now think about talking to someone and getting them to help you through this and take care of yourself. Maybe go out with friends, go for a walk or watch a film in your room. When times get stressful.

Once you have got an idea on what you wanna do maybe you can start thinking about yourself a d what you want. You deserve to have a life too.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Your Story”