Me

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

MickD

Re: Me

Postby MickD » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:54 pm

I just dont think i like lorry driving ha, the job i have now pays good so its not about the money.

Where abouts in the UK are you from?

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Oh I thought u was still dong lorry driving? You mentioned you took time off? Ok.

That's alright if your other job pays good. That's more important. What's the job you do now?

I'm from South West so not far from Bristol. You

MickD

Postby MickD » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:33 am

i still am lorry driving, i meant i took time off as in i had a week off from work. booked a holiday week but i didnt actually go on holiday ha.

Im from yorkshire.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Oh ok. So your still working in the job then. How did you get on with your assessment?

Sorry not feeling good today. Got a headache after drinking too much but I haven't got work till next week so that's why. Also I'm a bit upset because I was going to see my friend but she didn't reply. I said I could meet up but no reply. Hasn't texted back since. Wasn't happy with her. I know I could of met up with someone else.

I had a talk with manager at my job yesterday. We had a sit down and talked about my profession. I was very surprised wasn't prepared for it but I knew it was gonna happen. The thing what he said what struck me alot was being on till and all last week the tills were down from five to ten pound. I explained why. Didn't think at all I stole. I never have done that and never will and he knew that 100%. Asked me what I can do to help build confidence using till and said maybe more training so gonna ask superviser to spend half hour with me and go through the till again. Also he said about the money. As I'm no good at maths I need training on the side of the money side of things. I said its cash customers give what I'm confused with but not cards or notes. Just too much cash and don't know how to do it and how much there is

So Tuesday when I go back I should have more training on till. He did say he wouldn't move me cuz if I went on shop floor it would be more difficult for me on till. Did think about putting me on fitting rooms but we're not any positions going.

I will just stay on till and see how it goes.

MickD

Postby MickD » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:47 pm

I failed the assessment, i missed a page out in the math side of it so failed that. just waiting on feedback for the rest but im a bit disappointing i made such a silly mistake, especially when i have to wait 6 month before i can apply again and probs another year before theyre hiring again.
Feeling a bit down again too with the relationship side of stuff, been over a month now so i should be over it really.

At least youve had the chat now so youve said what youre struggling with, might start to look up for you and stuff :)

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. You can't think the negative. You know now and as I said if you failed it's not the end of the world and you can apply again. You may have to wait for a year but your be in a better place and your be able to learn from your mistakes. Please don't blame yourself. These things happen.

You have to concentrate on you. Your meet someone in time. It's gonna be hard but your get there. Give it time.

I don't know. I have had a chat but don't know what could happen now. Have to wait till Tuesday. All weekend still been thinking about what was said in my review. Been upset over it. Don't get emotional like that as much anymore.

MickD

Postby MickD » Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 pm

its just hard to stop thinking about it though

you could do some online maths training if it worries you too much? part of assessment i had used maths with percentages and stuff which i hadnt touched on in years so i did some online work for that to get up to speed with it

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:08 am

My life's crap. Everyone I'm seeing has all happy news and I'm here in the same place I've always been. I just want to be happy and the guy I'm seeing is not giving me the attention I deserve.

It's not fair!!!! :(

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:28 am

Finished work for today. Went ok but nervous about tomorrow. I got stock day there and it will be long day. I don't know what to expect and managers gonna expect more and people are gonna get annoyed easily and customers :(

How do I prepare myself for this?

Hope work is going OK for you too

MickD

Postby MickD » Tue May 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Helloraspberries1 wrote:My life's crap. Everyone I'm seeing has all happy news and I'm here in the same place I've always been. I just want to be happy and the guy I'm seeing is not giving me the attention I deserve.

It's not fair!!!! :(

If it makes you any better knowing youre not feeling this alone, i feel the same. Everyone around me is moving on and up with their lives all happy and stuff, getting married, engaged, mortgages, kids, great careers holidays and im just like lagging behind with everything.

Im sorry to hear your partners not giving you the attention you need, maybe try speaking to them?

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Yeah I did try to speak to him by text but hasn't been texting back when he's been online? I don't know if he's having second thoughts about me due to the messages I sent to him about being depressed and wanting to die. Of course hes not gonna know what to think of me. Do you think he's not into me anymore?

Yeah I just feel seeing others are happy, laughing and having good time but me no. It's always the same. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way too but atleast your now wise to know what can make you happy I don't.

Work was ok today. Did stock take. Was working on tills though. Pretty busy but not alot. Thought it was gonna be a bad day but it wasn't at all. I was surprised. Worked till 6.15 this evening. Some people are staying on for longer till 9.00 tonight lol. Doing over time. How's work going for you?

Hope to hear from you soon

Return to “Your Story”