Feeling empty

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Walman

Feeling empty

Postby Walman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:00 pm

My life has no meaning I feel like. I just do the same things over and over again.. everyday. Why do other people feel happy with what they are doing? I don't get it. We all gonna die in the end and that's it. Nothing more. I feel like life is depressing. My parents don't care about me and my friends are just not existing. I try to do stuff that should get me in another mindset, but nothing worked. Meditation is the only thing where I can atleast a little bit relax..

3043silverest

Re: Feeling empty

Postby 3043silverest » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Just know that you're not the only that feels that way.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi there,

I know it must be hard right now thinking why is everyone happy and getting on with there lives. Why do I feel none existent like no one cares.

It's not about comparing yourself to other people's lives but feeling how others have made you feel to compare about yourself.

No ones life is far from perfect. People go through good and bad times all the time but as you feel your life is worse it's only what has happened in the past what has made you feel like that. You see others getting on and not yourself and that means there has been something what's made you lime that in the first place.

I don't know if your receiving support from a doctor or therapist at the moment but I think that may help you to talk to someone. They may even give you helplines to contact other organisations who are able to deal with your situation and you feelings like The Smartians who are UK based and in Northern Island.

Would be good if you could talk to someone. With your parents I don't know if they feel like they don't know how to help you. Talking to them again and expressing how you feel in a way what might work best can help them to understand a bit better. Aswell with your friends letting them know how you feel and that you need support can get to be more aware to not judge you or anything. It's good to be honest. This is gonna take time. Your friends and family won't know yet how to support you. Your gonna have to be open and honest to them as much. Also taking control by being the one to keep your friendship and hang out more and let them know that they mean alot to you. Keep the friendship as good as possible.

Don't give up on yourself. Please keep reaching out.

Hugs x

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Also one another thing....

It may help to get some reassurance or confidence with your self esteem by looking into a self help book to read.

There are lots of self help books at the moment. Might be a good idea to invest in some. Looking on the internet on Amazon is a good way to find a self help book of your choice.

Giving yourself the time to read it and seeing if it's for you can only make you feel better that you tried something. Might give your more confidence to look for something else.

Please have a look and try it out for yourself x

Walman

Postby Walman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks for the replies. Will take the advice and look what I can do. I will probably look more into self development.

Return to “Your Story”