New to this site

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

DDJ

New to this site

Postby DDJ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:04 am

I want to find online support. I am new to this anxiety/depression experience out in the open & trying to find help.
I found a support site during the time I was caring for my mother with Alzheimer's. Many nights the online conversations saved my sanity.
She died in May ...almost exactly 1 year. That and other stuff have created very difficult year. The energy I have always used to control and contain the anxiety and depression got used else where. Family and friend scared for me I guess.
Now have 5 sessions with a counselor under my belt...not sure how this works...I have always been able to dig out from under the feelings. And I get the impression her job is to help me.
I started doing research on my own into the different theories, methods and medications. Educating my self seems a good way to start. Now I can recognize the "therapeutic" tools she is using....is it odd that this makes me feel safer?

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:46 am

First, Hi and Welcome, DDJ,

Your path sounds like its been so hard. I'm sorry you lost your mother this way.

But, oh my, as understated as it is, your journey from that point is inspiring and hopeful. You took the bull by the horns, to use a cliche metaphor. I, for one, am happy to hear you've come this far.

Return to “Your Story”