I'm suffering from lowself esteem

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Shatteredreams

I'm suffering from lowself esteem

Postby Shatteredreams » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:08 pm

:cry: Recently the people I thought were my best friends backstabbed me. I felt so depressed that I went to see a therapist, she sugested that I go to this support group meeting for my depression. I thought I give it a try so that I can meet new people. Unfortuneately none of the meetings worked out. The people weren't very friendly.. There was one meeting I went to where I saw this women sitting by herself so I went over to talk to her, she told me to go away, I figure she didn't want to talk to anybody so I backed off, then I over heard her talking to someone else about me how I approached her. I was so hurt, I thought that was extremely rude so I walk out of that meeting crying and never returned. After that I thought my therapist was an idiot so I stopped seeing her.. Since then I was afraid to talk to people b/c I would get the same reaction from that lady at that meeting. I don't have any friends right now and I'm really very upset because I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore. I'm having these suicidal thoughts right now and I can't control them.. Please help me...:cry:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:06 pm

(((((((((((((((( Shatteredreams ))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can't give advice, but I can give you hugs. Please consider visiting the depression chat room that is connected with this forum. Some really wonderful people in there. Lots of understanding the life with depression.

Warmie 8)

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Hey you know, shatteredreams, there are many different people on this earth, and many of them have different characters and attitudes etc... don't let this woman bring your feelings down like that, maybe she misunderstood your motivation? Maybe she is just different. Regardless, don't let her bother you, and don't let her dishearten you into feeling that other people you meet will treat you like she did, everybody is different, you just have to find the right person for you. There are people you can trust, you just have to find them. Don't be afraid to talk to people, different people will treat you differently, but not many will treat you like that woman did, so don't worry about making new friends.

Hey, smile for me :D don't be upset, cheer up ok? :lol:

Shatteredreams

Thank U4 your support

Postby Shatteredreams » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 pm

Thank you both for your comfort & support, I was about to have a nervous breakdown & that's the last thing I need. I'm going out of my mind dealing with a lot of B.S. with my family & others. I trying as hard as I could to pull myself together that's why I came to this forum. I went to one of the chat sites hear and it also helped me. Thank you again. I will try to stay on the forum as long as I can. :|

Return to “Your Story”