What do you think i should do ?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

Toni23

What do you think i should do ?

Postby Toni23 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:51 am

ok
Last edited by Toni23 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zombiemeth

Postby zombiemeth » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:46 pm

i'm really sorry the first thing you should do is go for help. Call a crisis line and explain what is happening. Ask them for help. you need to get professional help from social workers who will get you out of your home immediately.
You do not deserve treatment like that. It sounds like your father has underlying psychiatric issues. You are enabling him to treat you bad by staying.
Believe me, life can be much better.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi Toni23,
I, too, feel for you and this terrible predicament you're in. Are there "safe houses" in your area? Even somewhat close to you? I've had to go this route myself, while in a couple abusive relationship.
You will need to call a toll free domestic violence hotline. You can also find a number for a crisis line in your phone book. I've taken advantage of both!

Know this...Domestic violence workers, (many who've been through abuse themselves) will get you out of your situation in the safest way possible. They'll take you to a nice house where you cannot be found, and some even offer programs to help you become self-sufficient and living in your own place!

If you'd like more information, please don't hesitate to send a private msg.
You don't have to remain in this horrible situation. There is help and a way out for you! I cannot stress this enough. They'll even pick you up at an undisclosed location, and help you with an "escape plan." They can even have a police officer come and get you and your bags to drive you to the "safe house."
Don't allow yourself to remain in a place of fear and abuse. You deserve better!

And, your life can definitely improve for the better.
PLEASE keep us informed, okay?

You're in my prayers, Toni.

Return to “Your Story”