want to be heard for a while!

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

saragupta

want to be heard for a while!

Postby saragupta » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:23 am

Hi everyone
i have joined this forum yesterday only!
It feels amazing to see ppl u don't know are so willing are ready with their ears to hear Wat ur heart wants to blurt out.

I have been a depressed yet smiling kind of a person since like forever. But now i feel like i have reached at a certain point where i Just Want something
good and nice to happen.

I have so so so much to say, like about my past, about my future fears, about my present uncertainties!
But in today's rushing life no one has time to slow down for just 5 minutes for u!

saragupta

Postby saragupta » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:56 am

Is my msg getting highlighted to everyone?
I am a new member to this forum so plz guide me thru!
Thanks in advance!

Alaska1958

Hello, hello from the other side of the world

Postby Alaska1958 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:31 am

Greetings to you.

I am glad you found us. It can be a great comfort to be able to talk to others who understand what you may be feeling.

What is your situation like? Do you have much family, children of your own perhaps? I have two boys aged 10 and 13 and am getting divorced from my wife of 18 years. She got a little tired of living with a depressed man and decided to try her luck elsewhere. To be honest I don't really blame her.

Have you been down (depressed) for very long or is it a more recent problem? Are you working?

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

saragupta

Postby saragupta » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks for welcoming me!

I am not married so there can't be kids. No i am not working as well. Because i am preparing for my entrance exam for post graduation. So living at home with my parents.

Alaska, i am really sorry to hear about ur marriage. I don't know the whole thing about ur married life but wen u said "she's not to blame"...i felt like as if u still love her the way u wud have in the first year of ur marriage. And wen u said that she myt ve got tired of living wid u" that again showed that u r letting her go out of ur l ife just like thatbecause u want her to have a beautiful life...a happy life.
But just think about ur kids, Wat impact they gonna have on their hearts and mind. Don't u think that your kids deserve a STRONG TRY....STRONG WILLINGNESS from their dad to protect their nest.
I know my words myt be sounding like a writer of a super romantic or fictional novel.
I also believe, u myt ve thought the same things (i just told) 100 times.
But u just need to think the same with more willingness to make things Ryt.

After separation ur wife will keep missing u at some corner of her heart, that dull aching continuous pain will never cease.
You will be shattered even more! Ryt now u ve a purpose to make things Ryt for ur wife and children but after separation u will ve nothing but regrets.
But if u save ur married life u can be a strong daddy for ur kids.

Plus, deep inside of ur heart u will be proud of urself for making things Ryt. ..May be a little bit but they wud be all because of ur STRONG WILLINGNESS.

I am sorry if u have found anything or everything, annoying in my reply.

saragupta

Postby saragupta » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 am

Alaska, never forget!
In life there are many phases, phases wen we are happy or sad or tensed or revenged or depressed and vulnerable.
Decisions taken during the peak levels of any of these phases can make u to regret later. But there will not be turning back then!
So just try to gather urself and try to sit and talk with ur wife about how much u want this marriage and nest...and moreover her!
I know it is easier said than done but i guess, if ur efforts dint bring u a positive outcome...at least u will not be guilty of not trying.

saragupta

Postby saragupta » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 am

I just noticed, 35 ppl ve viewed my post...but then why anyone except Alaska has not responded. What's wrong?

And @Alaska
u also dint reply. I am sorry if u ve found anything hurtful in my replies. Wen u shared a little bit about urself i just wanted to advise u Watever i felt was Ryt. I don't like it wen u share ur sorrows with someone and the listener just listen and speak one or two lines to console and just walk away!
I know its not possible to have answers or guidance to every sorrowful stuff...but i think if not the solution to the problem but we shld at least try to guide about how to deal with that negativity.

I am new to this forum, had joined it in a hope!
So people please reply and lets help each other.
Thank you!

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi Saragupta,
I'm sorry I had not responded! We've been talking for a while now because we met on a different page, but I finally found YOUR page today!! I use a cell phone (as u know) and it took me some time scrolling to find this! Sorry...

Sometimes, it takes a while to get responses. When I first joined this site, there were also many people viewing my story. Only one took time to steadily answer. I'm slowly still trying to meet people. Maybe there are many in the chatrooms? But it's not easily attainable via cell phone! It's not fair- boohoo. Haha! Oh well, I guess we just have to stick together.

You mentioned how hurried the world is, how people hardly slow down? (not exact words). It's really sad. And SO true. Hardly anyone even spends quality time with their loved ones. When they do, it's brief and not too often. The rat race of todays world...and we wonder, hmm? Why are things around us getting worse? I can recall how things were MUCH different just 20 yrs ago! Technology climbs; Values decline.

Frame

Postby Frame » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 pm

So true, so true 4Ever; values, technology, loved ones... but I don't think your missing much in the chat rooms. People pop on and pop off constantly; one, two, maybe three words sentances. There's not a whole lot of contemplative though; just a lot of awhs, and ughs, and sorry, and hugs, and smilies. Course there's nothing wrong with that.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Really? About the chatrooms? That's interesting...
And yes, it really bothers me-- the state of our world, the steady decline of all morals, values, things that were once considered important. I've noticed that we ( in general) have got it back asswards; What is right we make wrong; What is wrong, we are making 'right.' Most everything now is about being "politically correct." How many of us care that we've become morally bankrupt?! As long as we are politically correct with what we say and do, people are content. I'll choose moral correctness over the former. And it doesn't matter to me if people hate me for it! I've heard someone use P.C for the words "political correctness," rather, he likes to say that P.C stands for "Poor Conduct." Poor conduct--because are willing to ignore what's morally right, in favor of being accepted by the majority. Do you ever notice how people are strangely led like sheep? Guess ignorance is bliss when in route to the 'slaughter.' It's very pathetic!

Return to “Your Story”