How Can I Stop Hurting Myself?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

YuYu

How Can I Stop Hurting Myself?

Postby YuYu » Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 am

it's almost been a year since I broke up with my ex. and all this while, i still think of her every single day and always get hurt when i see her talking to another guy on her social networking sites eg. facebook, twitter. today she posted a picture that she took with another guy. eventhough they're just friends, it really hurt a lot seeing that. sigh, i've posted so many posts related to her on this website sonce last year, i always say that i'll let her go but in the end i can't seem to be able to do it. after she left, my world turned upside down, i failed my semester in college and because of that i started another new term without any friends. not a single one and i don't know how to approach anyone because i'm hurt and afraid to talk to people. sigh, what can i do? why did this happen? what can i do guys? please someone, please give me some advice?

fallen

Postby fallen » Fri May 24, 2013 6:06 am

love can be a pain full process, but you need to just forget about her.
life throws many things at us, but each one makes you stronger.
as to friends join clubs, sports teams anything were there is social interaction of many people.
it's hard making friends,it's hard saying goodbye to a girlfriend, but each experience makes you into a more rounded and more importantly a wiser human being.
take care.

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Fri May 24, 2013 10:05 am

YuYu, your post states that you broke up with her. Look at what led up to your actions. Try to recognize that reality. With this knowledge look at your ex as a person who is bad for you. This doesn't mean you don't or didn't love her, just that a relationship with her doesn't work. As you honestly know, we can't have all that we want or even most of what we want. Concentrate on what you need for now. When you have what you need to be stable then and only then start looking into what you want.

Yes, I can be full of crap but this technique has worked for me and trying it won't cost you much save a bit of time.

mistystarshine

Postby mistystarshine » Sat May 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Just try to forget about her. It won't be easy, and it'll take a while. It may be a painful process, but you'll make it through. Try to distract yourself from thoughts about your ex by making friends, talking to others, and maybe doing more work. Clean your room, dust up the kitchen, anything to distract you. Eventually you'll find that you might go days without even a thought of her. You'll recover from the breakup, and you might even get a new girlfriend.

I'm sorry if my advice doesn't help. I'm barely a teenager yet, and I'm only in Middle School. So I don't really know much about this kind of stuff..... But I hope it helps. Have a nice day!

Return to “Your Story”